Transfer Admission - Requirements
UNCW will consider several aspects of your application in making our admission decision. Your academic performance from all institutions you have attended is the most significant evaluation criteria.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration
- Graduated from an accredited high school or have obtained a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or received an Adult High School Diploma
- If under the age of 21, meet high school Minimum Course Requirements or have completed 24 transferable hours at the time of application
- If over the age of 21 must have 24 transferable hours complete or in progress at the time application
- GED recipients must have completed 24 transferable hours at the time of application
- Eligibility to return to the last institution attended
- A cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale on all transferable work attempted from all institutions attended
- Of the 24 credit hours of transferable college-level coursework:
- At least 6 hours of college-level English
- At least 3 hours of college-level mathematics
Please note: Grades below a C, including ''C-' are not transferable but are included in the transferable GPA calculation.
To learn more about the application process, please visit our Deadlines & Applying website for more information.