Transfer Admission Requirements
UNCW will consider several aspects of your application in making our admission decision. Your academic performance from all institutions you have attended is the most significant evaluation criteria.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration
All applicants must have:
- A cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale on all transferable work attempted from all institutions attended
- 24 hours of college-level coursework; 12 hours must be complete at the time of application, the other 12 can be in progress
- Of the 24 credit hours of transferable college-level coursework:
- At least 6 hours of college-level English
- At least 3 hours of college-level mathematics
- Eligibility to return to the last institution attended
Please note: Grades below a C, including ''C-' are not transferable but are included in the GPA calculation.
High School Requirements
All applicants must have done one of the following:
- Graduated from an accredited high school
- Obtained a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Received an Adult High School Diploma
If under the age of 21, applicants must have met Minimum Course Requirements in high school unless they have already completed 24 hours of college-level coursework.
Please note: All applicants must submit an official high school transcript, GED, or Adult High School Diploma unless they have already earned a Bachelor's degree.
To learn more about the application process, please visit our Deadlines & Applying website for more information.