Transfer Admission Review
UNCW uses a holistic approach to review transfer students' applications and will consider several aspects of your application in making our admission decision. Applicants that have not completed the college-level recommendations at the time of application will still be considered, but should note that the significant majority of admitted transfer students will have met the high school requirements and possess the following college-level recommendations:
Recommendations for Competitive Main Campus Transfer Applicants
- A cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale on all transferable work attempted from all institutions attended**
- 24 hours of college-level coursework (complete or in progress). Qualifying AP scores can be used to meet transfer admission coursework requirements.
- Of the 24 credit hours of transferable college-level coursework:
- At least 6 hours of college-level English
- At least 3 hours of college-level mathematics
- Eligibility to return to the last institution attended
*If you are applying to the RN to BSN Online Accelerated Program or to an Extension Site program, please note that there are minimum requirements for consideration. Please check the RN to BSN admission requirements and the Extension Site admission requirements for more information.
**Please note: Grades below a C, including ''C-' are not transferable but are included in the GPA calculation.
High School Requirements
All applicants must have done one of the following:
- Graduated from an accredited high school
- Obtained a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Received an Adult High School Diploma
If under the age of 21, applicants must have met Minimum Course Requirements in high school unless they have already completed 24 hours of college-level coursework.
Please note: All applicants must submit an official high school transcript, GED, or Adult High School Diploma unless they have already earned a Bachelor's degree.
To learn more about the application process, please visit our Deadlines & Applying website for more information.