Survey Tool - "Select Survey"
Select Survey is a Web-based survey tool available to faculty and staff for creating public questionnaires or surveys. Responses can be sent to an email address and/or saved in a database. Questions and answers are created via an easy-to-use Web page, and data can be exported at any time.
NEW! Get Access Now (faculty & staff only)
- Go to https://itsappserv01.uncw.edu/selectsurveyaccount.
- Login using your UNCW username and password.
- When prompted, read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Enter a password of your choice (not dependent on your UNCW password) and click submit to create your account.
- Upon successful account creation, an email will be sent to your UNCW email.
Using Select Survey
- Once you have created an account, access Select Survey at https://selectsurvey.uncw.edu/selectsurveynet/login.aspx
- Login with your credentials, and click Create New Survey to begin.
- Give the survey a title that identifies your unit (e.g., "WCE Survey A").
- Insert questions; there are about 20 different types of questions.
- When you're finished, click the DEPLOY box to see the URL of the survey.
- Make sure to go through the OPTIONS to set an accurate Start/End date; the survey is automatically closed to the public on the End date.
- You can login at any time to change the questions and answers or analyze your data. The Analyze option will also let you export results to Excel.
Select Survey accounts are not granted to students unless they are employees of UNCW. A TAC request needs to be entered by a student employee's supervisor with an "active until" date for access to be granted.
Questions and responses cannot be restored once surveys are deleted.
You should make backups of your survey on your local machine.
Sensitive Information is Not Permitted
This tool cannot be used to create surveys that ask for any sensitive information.
If you would like to create a Web survey to collect sensitive data, please contact the Office of Institutional Research.
Questions or problems? Send a request via the https://itsrequest.uncw.edu or contact the TAC at 910-962-4357.