Web Publishing at UNCW:
Uploading Files to Websites: Student OrganizationsImportant: Your Web folder must contain an HTML file named "index.html" (preferred) or "index.htm"; this file is your default homepage and cannot be named differently.
- Click Start then "My Network Places"
- Click the "Entire Network" icon on the left
- Double click the "Microsoft Windows Network" icon
- Double click the "Uncw" group icon.
- Double click the "Uncwstudent" icon.
- Double click the "WWW" folder
- Double click the "org" folder
- You should now see your folder; double-click to open it and then drag files over
- Click Start then "Run"
- Type in \\Uncwstudent\WWW\org\your-account where your-account is the name of the student organization web account
- Your folder should open. Drag files to this folder.
Macintosh OS X
- In the FInder, Click on the Go menu, and then "Connect to Server"
- Type in smb://student.uncw.edu and click Connect
- Authenticate with your UNCW username and password
- Select WWW and then click OK
- Click on the "org" folder
- Locate the folder named with your account name and click on it
- Drag files to this folder to upload them to your web site
To Upload Files from Off Campus
- Connect to the UNCW network via VPN
- Follow the instructions for your operating system above