For University-Owned Systems
1. Determine the product(s) you wish to purchase from www.ciacentral.com/ncadobe/interact3.htm.
- DO NOT CLICK the "www.clpsales.com" link near the top of the page.
- INSTEAD, click on the product(s) from the lists of products in order to obtain pricing and information.
2. Using Remote Desktop allows you to access your university computer from off-campus and thus utilize all of the installed software. If Remote Desktop will not work for you and you need to install the software on your home computer for work purposes, you will need to order a copy of the media in addition to the license. Information Technology Systems computer consultants have access to the media to install on university-owned computers only.
NOTE: Software licenses and media are the responsibility of the department to track, maintain and renew.
- Log in to uShop. From the Home page, select the Adobe button, which will open an Order Form (with instructions and FAQs).
- You will need to enter the Product Description, Catalog No., Quantity, and Price into the appropriate fields. This information can be obtained from a provided link within the Adobe Order Form.
- To simplify ordering and tracking, it is recommended you add the name of the individual who will receive the software in the "Ship-To" field.
- If ordering multiple licenses you can add a Comment or Internal note in uShop, but you should also include the names of individuals receiving the software when your order confirmation is forwarded to the TAC.
- Submit the request in uShop.
4. Send confirmation to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org along with the name or names of the individuals receiving the software. (This should be a copy of the license certificate sent by Computer Intelligence Association CIA). If this information is not provided, the software cannot be installed. The TAC will then process a ticket to the building consultant to complete the software install.
5. File the confirmation of purchase/license information in a safe place. It is the department’s responsibility to keep track of software licensing and this information may be needed if the computer is re-imaged or a new computer is set up. If this information is not provided, the software may not be able to be re-installed.
NOTE: If a purchase needs to be made without using uShop, please contact Purchasing at 910-962-3158.
If you have Adobe software on your UNCW-owned computer, you may access it from off-campus using Remote Desktop (see step 2 above). If Remote Desktop will not work for your situation but you are required to use the software from home for work purposes, you will need to follow the steps outlined in step 1 (above) to also order a copy of the media for the "Work-at-Home" option of the license.