File Storage For Students - Timmy
To help students with file management, we have created a file server for student and student organization use. The server (named "Timmy") has many advantages:
- Can be accessed on or off campus (see instructions below)
- Allows students to store up to 200 MB of data
- Is secure - You will be able to see other student folders, but you are the only one who can access your files
- Is backed up nightly
How to Get a Timmy Folder:
- For students: Timmy folders are created automatically for all students. See instructions below for how to access.
- For student organizations: To request a Timmy folder for your student organization, please use the Technology Request Form located on the Student Affairs site.
Instructions for Accessing the Timmy File Server:
Storage Guidelines – Dos and Don’ts
- Store school-related documents on Timmy (*.docx, *.xlsx, *.pptx, etc.)
- Check your Timmy files on a periodic basis and remove files you no longer need.
- Store music, images or videos unless they are school-related.
- Back up your entire computer. These types of "back up" files should be saved to an external hard drive, a USB drive or burned to a CD/DVD.
- Store CD/DVD images of software (no *.iso or *.dmg files).
Questions or Problems? Contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC).