For student organizations
- Student Organizations are entitled to a MEPF which will allow the organization to send and receive email.
- To request a MEPF for your Student Organization, fill out the Technology Request Form (online submission).
Mail-Enabled Public Folders (MEPF)
What is a Mail-Enabled Public Folder?
Mail-enabled public folders are a feature of the Microsoft Exchange Server that allow organizations to share information, via Outlook. With a MEPF, a group can have a group email address and can view and reply to the emails without logging into a separate account.
Request a Mail-Enabled Public Folder
To request a MEPF, send an email to the TAC at TAC@uncw.edu and provide answers to the following questions (Note: Student Orgs, see panel at right):
- What do you want the folder name to be in Outlook?
- What do you want the email address to be? (1. and 2. can be the same)
- Who needs to have permissions to this folder and what permissions do they need?
- Editor - Create, read, modify, and delete all items and files
- Author - Create and read items and files, and modify and delete items and files you create
- Reviewer - Read items and files only
- Contributor - Create items and files only. The contents of the folder do not appear
- None - Use this as the default permission when you want to limit the folder audience to only users you specifically add to the Name/Role
- Who needs "Send on Behalf of" Permissions?
This allows the person replying to a message to send a message on behalf of the MEPF instead of sending from their personal account. For example, a message could be sent on behalf of the Technology Assistance Center.
How to Access / Use a MEPF
View the MEPF Handout (PDF)
Note about accessing UNCW public folders in OWA 2007 (instead of Outlook):
- With Internet Explorer 8 - You have access to UNCW public folders.
- With Firefox - Firefox only has the ability to run OWA 2007 in its "Light" version. This means some features, including public folders, will not be accessible. As an alternative, you may use TealWare to access public folders
Questions or Problems? Contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC)