Military Students

If you are a military veteran or a student on active duty, you are waived from PED 101 and may earn college elective transfer credit for your service. You will need to provide a Military Registry Transcript with the American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations provided on the transcript. UNCW reviews these recommendations and awards elective credit for programs and experiences under lower baccalaureate and higher baccalaureate areas. Each branch of service has a website with information on how to send your transcript. More detailed information on the process and transfer credit can be found at Military Admissions.

If you have questions regarding the GI Bill, VA benefits, or financial aid, contact Shannon Miles at or (910) 962-3177, or visit Military Admission: Financial Aid and GI Bill.

If you have questions regarding NC residency, please visit Military Admissions: Residency.

More Links for Military Veterans or Active Duty Students: