University College

Who to Ask

My advisor?

If you have questions about academics or course selection during the Summer and Fall before you attend UNCW in the Spring and need to speak to an advisor, contact University College at (910) 962-3245 or email .

You will meet with academic advisors during January orientation to plan and register for your Spring courses. Soon after your Orientation, you will be assigned an academic advisor who will continue to advise you throughout your freshman, and possibly, sophomore year. Most often, your academic advisor will also be your First-Year Seminar instructor.

Although your advisor is available to meet with you as requested, students are required to meet with their advisor at least once each semester to do educational planning for registration.

Where can I find out more about financial aid?

Learn more about financial aid opportunities at the Office of Financial Aid and Veteran's Services.


Office of International Programs or call 910.962.3685


Office of the Registrar at or call (910) 962-3125

How do I learn more about the January Orientation?

Visit Transition Programs to register for Orientation online and to learn more about what Orientation entails. Call 910.962.3089 or Email

Where can I find out more about housing?

Learn more about campus housing at the Office of Housing and Residence Life. 910.962.3241

Where can I find out more about the Technology Assistance Center?

Learn more about technology services and computers at the Technology Assistance Center. (910) 962 HELP (4357).