School of Health and Applied Human Sciences

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply to graduate, and what is the deadline? You can find this information on the Registrar website.
  • What if I want to declare or change my major? You must first report to the Registrar's office (James Hall) to declare or change your major. After your major has been changed in the system, contact the main SHAHS office, located in the Trask Coliseum, and ask to speak with the coordinator for the program that you want to enter (910-962-3250). The Program Coordinator will then assign you an advisor within your new major in SHAHS.
  • How can I get a waiver or substitution for PED 101? See GUIDELINES for PED 101 Waiver Substitution.
  • If I took a PE course at another school, what do I have to do to have it substitute for my PED 101 requirement? See GUIDELINES for PED 101 Waiver Substitution.
  • Which undergraduate major would work best for me if I want to go to graduate school for physical therapy? You could either choose Athletic Training or Exercise Science. Many of our graduates do continue on to graduate school in physical therapy.