Frequently Asked Questions


Transfer Admissions Frequently Asked Questions:  https://uncw.edu/admissions/transfer.html


In compliance with state law, the University of North Carolina system requires undergraduate students to request a residency classification from the new Residency Determination Service (RDS):  https://uncw.edu/admissions/Residency.html

Financial Aid

Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions:  https://www.uncw.edu/finaid/faqs.html

Student Accounts and Cashier’s Office

Student Accounts Frequently Asked Questions:  https://uncw.edu/studentaccounts/e-billfrequentlyaskedquestions.html

Veterans Benefits

UNCW GI Bill Frequently Asked Questions:  https://www.uncw.edu/finaid/military.html

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill Frequently Asked Questions:  https://gibill.custhelp.com/app/answers/list

Question: Can I complete my entire degree at the UNCW@Onslow Extension Site?

No. Although UNCW offers some of the lower division, university studies requirements online, the Extension Site mainly offers online and face to face upper-division courses only. Most students either complete the university study requirements or the degree requirements for an AA, AS, or Transfer Core Diploma from a North Carolina Community College before transferring to the Onslow Extension Site.

Question: Where are the UNCW@Onslow Extension classes held? In SeaNet it says my class location is 067, what does that mean?

The location 067 means the class will be held in Jacksonville, North Carolina as part of the UNCW Extension Site. All extension classes are held at either the John A. Lejeune Education Center at Camp Lejeune or on Coastal Carolina Community College's main campus.

Each semester, the classroom assignments are posted on the Extension Website to inform students where their classes will meet. Extension courses are courses with section numbers 800 or higher and a campus of "EXT."

Question: Why are the tuition and fees different for the Extension Site?

Tuition and fees are charged according to campus of the course (main campus or extension) and NOT student classification. When using the SEANET registration system, please keep in mind that Extension courses are courses with section numbers 800 or higher and a campus of "EXT." Only these sections of courses are billed at the Extension tuition rates which are calculated on a per credit hour basis. All other section numbers are considered on-campus courses and are billed as such (including online main campus courses).

Tuition and fee rates for both on campus and Extension courses can be accessed on the Student Accounts and Cashier Service website. Ultimately, it is the student's responsibility to know the different tuition rates.