Skip to header Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Travel for Non-employees

Non-Employee Travel Information

A department delegate can book airfare through Maupin for a Non-Employee.

Visit Maupin Travel for any additional information you might need.

Maupin Travel

Phone: (919) 821-2146

2501 Blue Ridge Road
Suite 420
Raleigh, NC 27607

UNCW partners with several local lodging establishments to provide lodging for UNCW visitors on university business.

Visit our Local Lodging page for a list of local hotels.

If a non-employee chooses third party lodging, they must consult with the department to ensure third party requirements are met.

Review Third Party Lodging requirements on the Travel for Employees page for more information.

All meals are reimbursed at a rate set by the Office of State Budget and Management (OSBM). This meal per diem applies to all travelers whether they are employees, students or non-employees.

Visit the Travel and Direct Pay Home Page for per diem rates.

Other transportation includes buses, trains, and subways; parking and tolls. The same "Other Transportation" rules apply to Non-Employees as they do for UNCW Employees.

Please refer to the Personal Mileage section on the Travel for Employees page for more information.

Rental Car expenses are reimbursable to Non-Employees on university business. The Non-Employee must pay for the cost of the rental themselves. The University will reimburse the non-employee traveler after the trip is over. Additional insurance, GPS charges, or upgrades are not reimbursable

Taxi, Uber, and Lyft costs are reimbursable expenses only.

Allowable Taxi/Uber/Lyft Expenses

  • Travel to/from the airport at Employee's Duty Station
  • Travel to/from the airport at Employee's Destination
  • Travel involving trips other than to and from the airport will be reimbursed when required for official state business.