The Graduate School

UNCW Clocktower

Congratulations, New Graduate Student!

Next Steps Checklist

Review Your Acceptance Letter

  1. Review the Program of Acceptance within your online application
  2. Review the Term of Acceptance within your online application
  3. Review the Type of Acceptance - Provisional admits should communicate with the program regarding the conditions of acceptance
  4. Review NC Residency Status for Tuition Purposes
    If your NC Residency Status for Tuition Purposes is Non-Resident (charged out-of-state tuition), you may apply for residency reclassification.
    Click HERE
    to apply for residency reclassification
  5. Record your UNCW ID number (begins with 850)
  6. Record your UNCW Email address
  7. Bookmark this page for future reference (

Enrollment Deposit

The enrollment deposit is typically due within two weeks of receiving your official acceptance letter. Specific guidance regarding the timeframe to commit to graduate studies at UNCW will come from your program.

  1. The non-refundable enrollment deposit is applied towards tuition and fees and will reflect as a credit on the bill
    Do not use the E-bill system to pay your enrollment deposit
  2. Are you eligible for an enrollment deposit waiver?  If so, complete the survey request.
    - Active-Duty Military member
    - International Student
    - Participating in an Online Accelerated Program
      (Business Analytics, Finance & Investment Management, MBA - Corporate & Executive and Nurse Educator)
    - Receiving a financial award (applied for financial aid, scholarship, GAs, TAs, grants, private award, etc.)
    - UNCW undergraduate student transitioning to graduate school (may not pursue both simultaneously)
    - UNCW graduate student pursuing an additional or new graduate program, certificate or add-on-licensure  
    - UNCW faculty/staff/dependent

  3. Go to mySeaport, if you do not meet the criteria for a waiver, Monday through Friday to pay the enrollment deposit
  4. Enter your username and password
    username = UNCW e-mail address (without the "")
    password = your birth date MMDDYYYY (unless previously established)
  5. Click the "Student Services" tab
  6. Click the "Enrollment Deposit" tab (left column under the second blue header "Services")
  7. Pay the $50 non-refundable enrollment deposit using a Master Card or Visa
  8. During registration periods, a time ticket will be assigned 24 to 48 business hours after the enrollment deposit has been paid and is required for registration. Your time ticket may be viewed through SeaNet on the registration portal.

Need help accessing mySeaport?
Technology Assistance Center (TAC) | (910) 962-HELP |

Advising/Course Registration

Before you register for classes, contact your program coordinator for advising. All program coordinator email addresses are listed on the Deadlines and Requirements chart.

Final Transcript

If you were accepted pending receipt of a final baccalaureate transcript, ensure that one official copy of this transcript, reflecting a conferred degree, is sent to the Graduate School. Graduates of UNCW will have their transcript/degree pulled electronically, so an additional copy is not required.

Submitting Transcripts

Submit Paper Transcripts to:

UNCW Graduate School
Attn: Kimberly Goerne Harris
601 S. College Rd.
Wilmington, NC 28403-5955

Electronic password protected transcripts may be sent directly from the institution to:

UNCW Email

Your UNCW email address is included in your acceptance letter. UNCW regards e-mail, sent to the student's UNCW email address, as the official method of communication. Once notified of acceptance into the Graduate School, check your UNCW e-mail account frequently.

1. Go to the Graduate School website: click here
2. Choose 'Email' from top right of the Graduate School webpage
3. Enter user name included within your acceptance letter with and press 'Enter'
4. Follow the link to the second page Office 365 and enter the user name included within your acceptance letter with
5. Enter Password: Eight digit birth date MMDDYYYY, unless previously established

Need help accessing your email? click here
Technology Assistance Center (TAC) | (910) 962-HELP |

Semester Start Date and Expectations

See the Academic Calendar for semester start/end dates and a calendar of events.

Residential students (those taking classes on the UNCW campus) may be expected to arrive prior to the beginning of classes.

Those students who are receiving teaching assistantships should plan to arrive well before the start of classes, as should some research and graduate assistants.
Check with your graduate coordinator or advisor about your required arrival date.

Apply for Financial Aid

Students who have applied for Financial Aid will not be able to view their aid packages until their enrollment deposit has been paid.

  • For information on Loans and Grants available to Graduate Students, click here.
  • For information about Scholarships and Fellowships available to Graduate Students, click here.
  • To apply for Federal Loans, students must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at UNCW's school code is 002984. For more information on applying for FAFSA, click here.

Graduate students are assigned to a Financial Aid Counselor. To discuss funding, financial aid, tuition payments and plan options, contact:
Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid | (910) 962-3177

Pay My Bill

Student account information is available through E-Bill. UNCW does not send a paper bill through the mail. It is imperative that you view your E-Bill and ensure that the proper payments are made before the published deadlines.

Student Accounts | (910) 962-4281 |

UNCW Faculty/Staff and Dependents

Tuition Benefits: Click HERE for more information

Student Accounts | (910) 962-4281 |

Textbook Scholarship Program: Click HERE for more information

Auxiliary Services | (910) 962-7145 |

Staff Senate Scholarship Application Process: Click HERE for more information

Staff Senate | (910) 962-3177 |

Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information: Form

Office of the Registrar | (910) 962-3125 |

Immunization and Health Requirements

Complete the required Immunization and Medical History Form within thirty days of registering for classes. Students who do not submit the required Immunization Forms and/or do not have the required immunizations will not be able to take classes on UNCW campus.

  • A physical is required ONLY if you plan to register for physical education classes.
  • Previous UNCW students should contact the UNCW Student Health Center to determine if their records are on file.
  • Health Insurance is required for all UNCW students who meet the criteria.

Students must either enroll in a Student Health Insurance Plan or submit a waiver showing proof of other insurance coverage. To do either, visit and select the waive/enroll tab. You will create an account and then login to complete the process.

All UNCW graduate students have free access to the university's Student Health Center, which includes the Counseling Center, Disability Services, and the Crossroads substance abuse program. Many services at the health center are covered by student fees, while others (including many medical tests and prescriptions from the pharmacy) are offered at dramatically reduced rates.

All students (even those who receive funding) are responsible for covering their own student insurance & required immunizations, parking permits, and the student ID card fee.

Distance Education Students must check with the Student Health Center regarding immunization and health insurance requirements.

Have questions regarding health insurance?
UNCW Student Health Center | (910) 962-3280 | Leigh Lane


Two business days after you register for classes, you may complete the application for parking. The application for parking is available online through mySeaport. Once logged in, click on the Student Services tab. The Parking Registration link is on the left, under the second blue heading titled "Services".

Have questions regarding Parking?
Parking & Transportation Services | (910) 962-3178 |

UNCW OneCard

You can obtain your UNCW OneCard two business days after you have registered for classes.

All graduate students must come to the OneCard office in person to receive their UNCW OneCard. Your photo will be taken and the card will be printed while you wait. Do not use the online photo submission option. The cost of the card is $20.00 and will be charged to your student account.

Your UNCW One Card provides access to:

1. Materials at Randall Library
2. Computer labs and the student recreation center
3. Meal plans or food dollars at campus dining locations
4. Free printing through iPrint. Click here for details.
5. UNCW sporting, arts, and entertainment events
6. Free Seahawk Shuttle and WAVE Transit
7. Residence hall doors

Have questions about obtaining your UNCW One Card?
One Card Office | (910) 962-2008 | Sandy Marshburn


Housing is available both on-campus and off-campus. There is no on-campus housing exclusively for graduate students.

Have questions regarding off-campus housing?
PERCH | (910) 962-3119 |

Have questions regarding on-campus housing?
Housing and Residence Life | (910) 962-3241

Student Life

Graduate Student Association (GSA): The GSA supports all graduate students academically and socially, and promotes the interests and welfare of graduate students within the university.

Code of Student Life: The rules and regulations for UNCW students can be found in the Code of Student Life. We have an expectation that our students will read it and become familiar with our community standards - we want them to know and understand the Code.


PERCH services are provided by the Office of the Dean of Students to contribute to the successful transition and university engagement of off-campus, non-traditional, graduate.  PERCH can assist with:

  • On-campus and off-campus housing search
  • Educational opportunities
  • Connecting students with UNCW and Wilmington resources/arranging opportunities for community development
  • Personal support

Contact PERCH | (910) 962-3119 | 

Employment Opportunities

All campus positions available to graduate students are posted on UNCW's Career Services job site, SeaWork. Most campus graduate assistant positions are also emailed to all graduate students at the time of their posting; so it is advised that graduate students looking for campus work check their UNCW email address regularly.

For more information on graduate assistantships click here.

To access SeaWork for on-campus and off-campus jobs, click here.

Fall Orientation

The Graduate School holds an optional general orientation session at the beginning of each fall semester.

Distance education or summer only admits are not required to attend the Graduate School General Orientation.