Graduate Liberal Studies Program


In all academic programs, forms are a necessary administrative tool. That said, the following information and direct links are intended to provide Graduate Liberal Studies (GLS) students with some of the tools they may need to navigate UNCW's administrative seas.

Students and faculty are encouraged to point out to the GLS Program Assistant any necessary forms that may be missing from this listing.

Graduate School Forms

Initial Application

Applications to the MALS degree or Post-Master's (PM) Liberal Studies certificate programs must start with an application to the UNCW Graduate School. With the exception of the submission of transcripts and any test scores (GRE/MAT not required for GLS programs), all material is submitted on-line. Go to the Graduate School's "Graduate School Application Steps" page and follow instructions.


The Graduate School's "Graduate School Forms" page has four sub-sections (Admissions, Current Students, Coordinators, and Faculty/Staff). Each sub-section, with its contents, is discussed below. To find links or instructions relevant to the actual forms, go to the indicated sub-section and click on the form of interest.


  • Graduate

    • Admission Deferments or Withdrawal of Application: Information and a link to the appropriate form are found on the Graduate School's web page "Congratulations on Acceptance ...."
  • Undergraduate

    • For those undergraduate students wishing to enroll in a GLS course, there is a link to the form on the Registrar's "Student Forms" web page.
  • Travel

Graduate Liberal Studies Program Forms

The following forms are relevant to the Graduate Liberal Studies program.



** "A" assessment forms are to be used with MALS final projects with artist statements. "S" assessment forms are to be used with MALS final projects that are scholarly and/or research oriented.

Other Forms

Many other UNCW administrative forms are available from the Administrative Forms Directory.

Last Update: April 9, 2018