Office of Student Leadership and Engagement

Reporting Incidents

If you witness, are a victim, or have information of a hazing incident there are a number of avenues to report the incident.If you observe hazing and stand by silently, your silence condones these illegal activities and makes you just as liable as hazers themselves.

Ways to Report Hazing

  • Contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 910-962-3119 or stop by the Fisher University Union room 2017
  • Contact the University Police at 910-962-2222
  • UNCW hazing hotline at 910-962-7329 or
  • Call the national toll-free anti-hazing hotline 1-888-NOT-HAZE (1-888-668-4293)

It's everyone's responsibility to report hazing. It's not going to be tolerated, those days are over, and any and all incidences should be reported by coaches, staff, parents, athletes. But there's human nature at work, you have to understand some are afraid to come forward. - Eddie Bonine, head of the Nevada Interscholastic Activities