Financial Aid

Graduate School Ceremony

Graduate Students

In order to be eligible for federal student aid, students must:

Be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking, Teacher Certification Program, or enrolled as a Graduate Certification Student, taking classes required for admissions to a graduate program at UNCW.

A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to receive federal loan offers. Entrance counseling and Master Promissory Note completion is done at

Graduate and professional degree students may be eligible to receive aid from the following federal student aid programs:

Unsubsidized Loans-Eligible students may borrow up to $20,500 per school year. Graduate and professional students enrolled in certain health profession programs may receive additional Unsubsidized Loan amounts each academic year.

Graduate PLUS Loans-Eligible graduate and professional degree students who need to borrow more than the maximum unsubsidized loan amounts to meet their education costs may apply for a PLUS loan. A credit check will be performed during the application process at