Skip to header Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Re-Enrolling Students

Re-Enrolling Application Process

  1. Apply Online: You can apply online through the UNCW Application Portal.
  2. Pay Application Fee: Pay the non-refundable $80 application fee, unless you have previously graduated from UNCW with an Undergraduate degree. If you previously graduated with a Bachelor's degree from UNCW, your application fee will be waived. Qualifying students can request an application fee waiver using the Fee Waiver Request Form.
  3. Request Transcripts: Request official transcript(s) from all colleges and/or universities attended since you last attended UNCW. (You must have maintained a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale on all work attempted at other institutions). You do not need to submit a transcript from UNCW.

All items can be submitted electronically to or mailed to:

University of North Carolina Wilmington
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
601 S College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403 - 5904

Note: Re-enrolling students must complete the residency determination process before applying for re-enrollment.

Application Deadlines

  • Spring Semester: November 15
  • Summer Sessions: May 1
  • Fall Semester: July 15

Applicants must submit their application by the posted deadlines for their desired entry term.

Materials Deadlines

  • Spring Semester: December 1
  • Summer Sessions: June 1
  • Fall Semester: August 1

Applicants must submit all required materials by the posted deadlines for their desired any term. This includes any transcripts or academic plans and personal statements required for review by the Academic Reinstatement Committee (if applicable).

Registration for Returning Students

In order to register for classes, you must first meet with an academic advisor. Re-enrolling students do not attend orientation and should reach out to their academic advisor after receiving their admission decision. It's important to note that students who have below a 2.0 GPA at UNCW cannot change their major at the time of readmission. Students are advised to consult with their previous advisor in their original major about academic plans or potential major changes. 

Students in the College of Humanities, Social Sciences, and the Arts or the College of Science and Engineering should contact their major department to make an appointment with an academic advisor. Students in the Cameron School of Business, Watson College of Education, and College of Health and Human Services, should contact their college/school to make an appointment with an academic advisor. Students who have not declared a major should contact University College and speak with an academic advisor.

Students with questions about their academic status or regaining eligibility should contact the college or school of their major.

Please review your MySeaport portal for registration times and status as well as class schedule information.

Join the UNCW Mailing List

Receive information about upcoming admissions events, important deadlines, and an inside look into life as a Seahawk.