Make the Most of Your Summer 

Summer visiting students (those currently enrolled at another institution) may enroll in classes at UNCW for Summer School only. 

 If you wish to continue your enrollment as a visiting student from Summer School into the fall or spring semesters, you will need to apply as a Permission student.  If you wish to continue your enrollment beyond summer as a degree-seeking student, you will need to apply as a Transfer student.  

How To Apply

You can apply Online via SeaLevel.

  • SeaLevel (Online)
    Create or log-in to your SeaLevel account and click on "Apply to UNCW", and then on "Online Application". The SeaLevel application will allow you to save your information at any point and continue at a later date prior to submission.
  • Submit a transient study form OR an unofficial transcript from the current or most recent institution you have attended
    *The transient study form can also be substituted for a course approval form, or written permission from your Academic Advisor that the course you intend to take at UNCW will transfer to your home institution.*


Summer Session 1 - April 28

Summer Session 2 - June 9

Academic Advising & Course Registration

Academic advising is not available for summer visiting students. If the course you wish to enroll in has pre-requisites, it is the student's responsibility to work with the Department to obtain the necessary override to enroll in the course.

Upon admission to UNCW as a summer visiting student, students may then register for classes by accessing SeaNet. If you have questions about registration, please contact the Office of the Registrar at NDRegistrar@uncw.edu.

For general Summer School questions, please contact Summer@uncw.edu.

If you have questions about participating in the Horatio Alger Scholarship Program: E-Business Course on Entrepreneurship or the Horatio Alger Scholarship Program: Personal Finance, please contact swain@uncw.edu.

For more information on Summer School please refer to https://uncw.edu/summsch/.