UNCW Admissions

Who is a Reenrolling student?

If you previously attended UNCW as a degree-seeking or non-degree student and have been away for two or more consecutive semesters you are a reenrolling student. 

 If you left the University of North Carolina Wilmington for ONE semester, AND your grade point average was above retention level when you left, then you do not need to submit a reenrollment application.  Students are on Leave of Absence if they do not attend the university for one semester and return the following semester, excluding summer sessions. 

 Students who graduated from UNCW need to submit a reenrolling application if interested in taking additional undergraduate courses, regardless of time away. 

 If you previously attended UNCW as a visiting student and are now interested in completing an undergraduate degree through UNCW you will need to apply as a transfer student.

How do I apply?

You can apply online through the UNCW Application

Application deadlines

Submission Deadlines
Summer Sessions May 1
Fall Semester July 15
Spring Semester

November 15

Please visit the links to the right and feel free to contact us with any questions you have. We look forward to welcoming you back to UNCW!