image 475x230

Non-Degree Seeking Admission -
Special Undergraduate Students

Students who have graduated from a four-year accredited college or university and wish to take undergraduate classes, but do not want to earn a second degree, are classified as special undergraduates. This application option is also available for students who need to take classes toward completion of teacher certification or licensure requirements.

Please note - If you would like to earn a second degree, you must apply as a transfer student.


Student must have:

  • Graduated with a Bachelor's degree from a four-year regionally accredited institution in good academic standing.

How to Apply

  • You can apply online through the UNCW Application

  • Pay the non-Refundable $80 Application Fee
  • Submit official transcripts from the institution that awarded your Bachelor's degree


  • Summer - May 1
  • Fall - July 15
  • Spring - November 15

Academic Advising & Course Registration

Academic advising is not available for Special Undergraduate students. If the course you wish to enroll in has pre-requisites, it is the student's responsibility to work with the Department to obtain the necessary override to enroll in the course. Students working toward teacher certification or teacher licensure are encouraged to contact the the Watson Academic Advising Center at

Upon admission to UNCW as a Special Undergraduate student, students may then register for classes by accessing SeaNet. For more information on class registration please visit the Office of the Registrar.

Transfer of Credit

Transcripts of work completed at UNCW must be requested through the Office of the Registrar.