- Financial Aid: Get It! Use it! Keep It!
- Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Be sure to enter our school code 002984.
- All students must reapply every year for financial aid. Note: Requests for summer financial aid require a Summer Aid Application which will be available online in early April of each year.
- Review and accept your financial aid award in SeaNet. PLUS loans for parents are accepted by completing the online application and electronically signing the Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov. Students accepting direct loans for the first time at UNCW must complete online Entrance Counseling and electronically sign a Master Promissory Note. This requires a FAFSA Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- PLUS loan denial? Click here to request additional unsubsidized loan funds due to a PLUS denial.
- Make sure you don't have any outstanding requirements which will delay your award.
- When all requirements have been met and you have been awarded, your financial aid will disburse to your student account 10 days prior to the beginning of each semester. If your financial aid covers what you owe, no action is required on your part. If your financial aid does not cover what you owe, you must make payment or payment arrangements by the appropriate bill due dates to avoid cancellation of classes.
- Refunds are available as early as the first day of classes. Be sure to set up your E-Refund account so you can receive your refund faster. Your refund can be used to purchase books and to meet other educational expenses. Check the refund schedule.
- Additional requirements for processing of financial aid or refunds may apply to these groups of students:
- Changes in Federal Direct Loan Interest Rates effective July 1, 2014
- Interest rates for Direct loans will increase for loans disbursed July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015 as follows:
- For undergraduate Direct loans, the interest rate will go from its current 3.86% fixed rate to a 4.66% fixed rate for loans disbursed July 1, 2014 until June 30, 2015. The increase is the same for subsidized Direct loans, for which the interest does not accrue while the student is in school, and unsubsidized Direct loans, for which the interest does accrue.
- For graduate Direct unsubsidized loans, interest rates increase to 6.21% for loans disbursed July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015.
- Direct PLUS loans, available to parents or graduate students, interest rates increase to 7.21% for loans disbursed July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015.
- 2 NEW Office Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- 17 Constitution Day
- 24 Fiscal Fit Wednesday
"Life Skills 101: A Curriculum for Food, Finance and Other Real World Basics: They Didn't Teach This in High School"
Warwick Center Ballroom 3
11:00 a.m. - 1p.m.
*Please note this is an updated time. There will no longer be a 3:00 p.m. session