Photo Services will provide walk-in portraits for faculty and staff at the University Relations Office - 737 St. James Drive - on the following days and times:
Wednesday, May 15 8-10am
There is no cost for this service and no appointment is necessary. UR will deliver a 4x5 inch, high resolution digital photo via campus email within 10 days. Individuals who would like to receive the photo by campus mail should provide a blank, recordable CD. The images are for use in campus-sponsored publications. A copy of each photograph will be kept in photo archives for use in official announcements and press releases.
Contact Jamie Moncrief, university photographer, at 910.962.3601 for additional information.
Departments and individuals requesting the services of these approved freelance photographers are responsible for negotiating compensation.
910.798.1453 or 910.352.6994
910.686.6553 or 910.232.8044 (cell)
Photo Services is responsible for documenting the people, places and events of UNCW that best reflect and support the university’s strategic goals. Contact Jamie Moncrief, coordinator of photographic services, at 910.962.3601 with questions about photographic services.
Departments, faculty and staff who want to use images of UNCW on approved websites and in campus-sponsored publications can access hundreds of photos from the SAMMY server. Simply navigate to: \\Sammy\departments\UNCWSHARE\Best\ Access is limited to faculty, staff and approved student workers from on-campus computers only. Photo Use Policy
Requesting a Photographer
To request the university photographer, please complete and return a Photo Services Request form (PDF) at least seven (7) working days in advance. Email form to the coordinator of photographic services or FAX to 910.962.3847 or print and send to Campus Box #5993.
University Relations prioritizes photography coverage to ensure that images from campus-related events can be used in multiple internal and external publications.
- Publications produced by the Office of University Relations
- News photography for UNCW News Services
- Photography for UNCW’s primary social media sites.
- The UNCW main homepage
Referring Photography to Freelance Photographers
The coordinator of photographic services may refer other requests for photography, not identified on the list above, to an approved freelance photographer.
Such requests for freelance referrals can include:
- Events not promoted by the Office of University Relations
- Departments requesting photography for their internal/external publications or archives (i.e. brochures, newsletters, departmental web pages)
- Alumni, student, faculty and staff celebrations, including birthday and retirement parties
- Social and event photography, including photos presented as gifts
- Any after hours and weekend events
- Department or school-specific workshops, conferences and symposiums hosted on- or off-campus