Faculty Resources for Course Proposals
- University Studies Course Proposal Rubric
- Sample Proposals, approved with a 3 or 4 on the Rubric
- Internship - ENG 498 for Explorations Beyond the Classroom
Submit a Course for University Studies
To submit a course for inclusion in University Studies' requirements, use the following course proposal forms. Include a cover form, one of the below course proposal forms, a model syllabus, and the college's course action form (if needed) to your department chair. Department Chairs should then submit all documents in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recertify a Course for University Studies (Fall 2016)
Department/Unit Chairs should submit a Course Certification Form form along with a current/updated model syllabus (to include course catalogue description and course student learning outcomes linked to component student learning outcomes) for each of their University Studies courses to email@example.com from your UNCW email address, with the exception of Explorations Beyond the Classroom, whose SLOs are unchanged, and Quantitative and Logical Reasoning and Capstone courses since those components were cut from the University Studies curriculum in the spring of 2016. Uncertified courses will be deleted from the curriculum for AY 2017-2018. To remove your course from a category, select that option from the Course Certification form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org without the other supporting materials.
Course Proposal Forms
- Lifetime Wellness
- Mathematics and Statistics
- First-Year Seminar
- World Languages and Cultures
- Aesthetic, Interpretive, and Literary
- Historical and Philosophical Approaches
- Scientific Approaches to the Natural World
- Understanding Human Institutions and Behaviors
- Living in our Diverse Nation
- Living in a Global Society
- Information Literacy
- Writing Intensive
- Explorations Beyond the Classroom
- Critical Reasoning
You can find an overview, description, expected Student Learning Outcomes, and specific guidelines for each category by clicking on the corresponding category on our Curriculum Overview page.