Find University Studies information under the Academic Programs tab in the UNCW Catalogue.
The University Studies program at UNCW encourages students to begin a life-long journey of engaged inquiry and societal contribution. As a consciously integrated component of each student's overall undergraduate educational experience, the program reflects our institution's fundamental commitment to fostering ethical and intellectual development and to promoting the growth of well-informed, creative, literate members of society.
The University Studies program first establishes the basis of an essential liberal education through a multi-faceted exploration of our diverse intellectual heritage. As it extends through each student's educational career, the University Studies program builds upon this foundation through a course of study designed to cultivate the skills and capacities students require to respond to and anticipate the complexities of modern citizenship in an inclusive and creative manner.
This website provides information for faculty, staff, and students to:
- Promote an understanding of University Studies,
- Outline specific University Studies course requirements,
- Provide course submission resources for faculty,
- Answer academic and advising policy and procedure questions related to University Studies, and
- Provide contact information for faculty and staff for further assistance.