Business for Healthcare Providers Certificate Program for CME Credits
March 7 - May 9, 2017
Tuesday evenings, 6 - 9 pm
Early Bird Price: $995!
Co-hosted with South East Area Health Education Center (SEAHEC)
Master business fundamentals so you can focus on healthcare and what you do best. This 10-week certificate program provides physicians and other providers with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively practice healthcare in today’s dynamic environment.
Previous participants of the program note the value of learning more about how to deal with the “business” side of their practices. They learned skills such as financial analysis and human resource management.
To receive the certificate at the conclusion of the program, you must attend at least 8 of the 10 classes. CME credits are included for the sessions you attend!
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS) through the joint providership of South East Area Health Education Center (SEAHEC) and UNC Wilmington's Swain Center. The South East Area Health Education Center (SEAHEC) is accredited by the NCMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Why are Business Skills important for Healthcare Providers?
With the healthcare industry being one of the fastest-growing fields in the US, it is becoming more and more imperative that all members of a practice can manage the financial, professional and management aspects of running a healthcare facility. This course will help individuals in the healthcare field learn how to ask the right questions of your office manager; reduce human resource problems; have systems to ensure money is going to the right place, and more.
- Course Objectives & Topics
At the conclusion of this live activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify best practices of leadership, analytics, finances, and the market in the healthcare industry.
- Understand the impact of physician and patient interactions.
- Improve financial competency and utilization of financial statements and metrics.
- Gain a better understanding of the legal system and its ramifications on the healthcare system and physician practice.
- Leadership & Emotional Intelligence
- Quality Improvement (LEAN for Healthcare)
- Operations Management/Patient Satisfaction
- Human Resource Management & Conflict Resolution
- Financial Management
- Strategic Marketing Management/Entrepreneurship
- Accounting Basics
- Legal & Regulatory Issues
- Healthcare Revenue & Delivery Models
- Health Information Technology
- Business for Healthcare Providers Instructors
Each week's class will be taught by a different instructor - please see the brochure
for list of instructors by topic.
- Contact Information
For more information, please see the brochure, visit the registration link or contact:
Ashley Bell, MHA