How do I know what courses are offered?

  1. Search for Courses
  2. Search by Term
  3. Select Session & Subject
  4. Class Search

UNCW: Graduation

Graduate Students

Graduate School

UNCW Graduate School programs are responsive to local, regional and national needs consistent with the university's mission. Our programs are designed to prepare students for successful careers in the world of business, in basic and applied research, to develop their art to a professional level, and to provide the necessary background skills and experience needed for professional positions, or enable students to continue beyond UNCW.

UNCW is among the top-ranked public, master's-focused universities in the South. The Graduate School administers excellent master's programs in the College of Arts and Sciences, the Watson College of Education, the College of Health and Human Services, and the Cameron School of Business. Examples of master's programs created to meet specific business needs include programs in clinical research and the corporate MS Chemistry program. In addition, the following terminal degrees are offered in nationally renowned programs - the M.F.A. in creative writing, the Ed.D. in educational leadership and administration and the Ph.D. in marine biology.

Graduate School Admissions

Students wishing to enter a program of study leading to a graduate degree may enter during the summer. Contact Kimberly Harris in the Graduate School for specific information, deadlines, and requirements. The non-refundable application fee is $60.

Registration Activity

Graduate students enrolled for spring may register for summer courses according to the Registrar Calendar. Graduate students should contact the graduate coordinator in their program for advising.

Drop/add activity is completed through the SeaNet registration system.

To withdraw from the university or from an individual class, the student must conctact the Graduate School and fill out a withdrawal form by the published deadline. Failure to do so by may result in a grade of F.

Continuous Enrollment Policy

Graduate students who have completed their course work and the number of thesis hours for credit required for their graduate degree but have not yet graduated must do one of the following:

1. Either sign up for GRC 600 Continuation Enrollment by completing the online registration survey on the Graduate School forms page or

2.  File a leave of absence request with the Graduate School.

Regardless of the course of action selected, all graduate students must be enrolled in the term in which they are to receive their degree.  Please refer to the complete policy found in the current Graduate Catalogue.


UNC Wilmington | 601 S. College Road, Wilmington NC 28403 | 910.962.3000 | About this Site | Copyright Notice | Feedback | Page maintained by:  C. Reed [ reedc AT uncw DOT edu ]