- Desk Receptionist - no longer accepting applications
- Front Desk Office Assistant - no longer accepting applications
- Assistant Residence Coordinator - no longer accepting applications
- Resident Assistant - no longer accepting applications
- Student Maintenance Worker - now accepting applications
- Summer Conference Assistant - now accepting applications
Green Team members are responsible for initiating and coordinating the recycling efforts in residential areas on the UNCW campus. Green Team members should be self‐starters, motivated, able to work independently, and have a passion for the promotion of recycling and sustainability.
The responsibilities of Green Team members are numerous and varied; they include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collect recyclable materials from all designated recycling centers within residential areas in a consistent and scheduled manner
- Assist in the sorting of any comingled or contaminated collection bins
- Coordinate the delivery and drop off of recyclables to the designated UNCW collection area by Housing and Residence Life vehicle
- Assist in recycling collection at large‐scale programs hosted/co‐sponsored by HRL (RHA, Area Chapters, or Residence Halls)
Recycling Center Maintenance
- Ensure that recycling centers are appropriately labeled
- Ensure that collection bins have necessary lining
- Clean recycling bins/locations when necessary
Education and Programming
- Develop active/passive programming which relates to sustainability and recycling (i.e. Bulletin Boards, interactive events, contest)
- Develop educational opportunities for other UNCW community members
- At least one team member will have membership on the HRL Sustainability Initiatives Committee
On‐Going Training and Education
- Serve as an advocate for sustainable living in your day‐to‐day life.
- Stay abreast of current practices and trends as it relates to sustainability and recycling at UNCW and abroad through self education, conferences, webinars, etc.
- Attend weekly or bi‐weekly (as needed) Green Team meetings.
- Hourly pay rate (min. $7.25/hour, $.25 raise after each year), 6‐8 positions
- Volunteer positions also available (with similar responsibilities as detailed above)
- Green Team members may work no more than 8 hours in a week.
- Leadership and service learning experience
- Some training expenses (Does NOT include academic coursework/tuition remission) and conference registration
- T‐shirt and Polo
Each Applicant should
- Have a valid North Carolina drivers license with proven driving record
- A positive attitude and sense of work ethic
- A desire to promote sustainability and recycling efforts