Requesting an Official Transcript
The University of North Carolina at Wilmington has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet. As an added benefit for placing your order online, you will have the opportunity to receive email and text message delivery confirmations.
There are three ways you can submit your transcript request:
- Through SeaNet (24/7): This is the recommended method for any student who attended UNCW since 1985. If you no longer have your login information, you can retrieve it from a secure ID and PIN site. After logging into SeaNet, select the Student Services & Financial Aid tab, then choose Student Records and select Order Your Official Transcript. You will be taken to the TranscriptsPlus website managed by Credentials, Inc. Transcripts requested through SeaNet are typically processed in 1-2 business days, but make sure to allow for USPS mailing time. You can check on the status of your transcript request by clicking the Check the Status of your Transcript Order link below. This page shows the date your request was completed or if your request is still in process. Please note that turnaround times may increase during the end of each semester because of increased volume.
- In person pickup: You can order through TranscriptsPlus and select an in-office pickup or visit the Office of the Registrar located in James Hall to use one of our computers to submit your order. A picture ID is required. If you wish to authorize someone other than yourself to pick up a transcript during business hours, a signed note from you granting that permission must be presented and your representative must present a picture ID. If we have a copy of your signature on file from a form such as FERPA, we can use that to verify your signature. If we do not have a copy of your signature on file, please include a photocopy of your driver's license to allow us to verify your signature. In addition, transcripts that are not picked up from our office within 30 days of the order date will be shredded, and no refunds or cancellations will be issued.
- Phone orders: If you are uncomfortable placing an order over the Internet, you can call Credentials Inc. at 847-716-3005 to place your transcript request. There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone.
TranscriptsPlus uses current web encryption technology and your information is secure.
All work attempted (undergraduate and graduate) is included on your transcript.
Be aware that final grades are posted on transcripts about one week after a term ends and degrees are posted about one month after a term ends. Please be sure to indicate on the request, if you would like your transcript held for final grades or the degree to be posted.
We do not accept transcript requests by fax. Handling credit card numbers is not secure and leaves us out of Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance. Requests received by fax will not be processed.
Please do not mail or fax forms to our office to include with your transcripts. Students may upload the form(s) while placing orders on TranscriptsPlus.
If you do not have access to a scanner and need a paper form scanned, you may come to the Office of the Registrar, where we have a scanner available for you to scan documents to be uploaded to TranscriptsPlus.
If you attended UNCW prior to 1985, and not since then, you will not be able to sign into SeaNet and need to order it through the Credentials Solutions website here: https://www.credentials-inc.com/tplus/?ALUMTRO002984
If you have ever attended UNCW, you do not need to request a UNCW transcript if you are applying for a UNCW graduate program. UNCW's Graduate School will be responsible for obtaining that academic record (at no cost to you), including any transfer work reflected on your UNCW transcript. However, you are required to submit official transcripts from any institution not reflected on your UNCW transcript or any institution attended after UNCW. In the case that you do request your official transcript from UNCW, your money will not be refunded.
View your SeaNet transcript.
Check the Status of your Transcript Order: You can check on the status of your transcript request by clicking the link below, or by calling 847-716-3000. https://www.credentials-inc.com/cgi-bin/rechkcgi.pgm?TPORDER002984
After clicking on the link, select the “Transcript Recipients” menu option.
For 1st Class Mail Orders: These records only provide a history of your mail piece as it is scanned by the USPS's automated equipment. Since the postal carrier does not have a barcode scanner, the actual delivery date cannot be confirmed.
We can provide official transcripts in these formats:
- Electronic (secure PDF): format delivered to any email address or to any school on the TranscriptsPlus network. We can produce PDF transcripts faster than paper transcripts and sending a PDF transcript eliminates mailing time. Please note that we cannot produce PDF transcripts for students who attended prior to 1985.
- Paper format printed on security paper: sealed and has the University Registrar’s signature.
- Unofficial Transcripts: available at no cost through SeaNet. Please see above, under Requesting a Transcript for information on logging into SeaNet. After logging in, select the Student Services & Financial Aid tab, then choose Student Records and select View Unofficial Transcript. This transcript may be printed, but is still considered unofficial.
The charge for each transcript is $8.00 (plus additional handling and delivery costs). Exact pricing for filling orders will depend on the delivery options selected. Payment options include VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Rush FedEx delivery options are available.
Other Important Information
Common Application Transcript Requests: UNCW does not accept 'The Common Application' transcript requests.
Holds: If you have a ‘hold’ on your account, a transcript may not be processed. You can check for any holds through SeaNet. Holds include but are not limited to:
- Financial obligation to the University
- Failure to complete an exit interview for Student/Perkins Loan borrowers
- Default of institutional, state, or federal loan
Inclement Weather or University Holidays: Transcript requests, whether traditional or expedited, will be delayed until the next working business day. Please consult the University website for holiday schedules and inclement weather notices.
International Authentication : Notary services for international authentication of UNCW transcripts can usually be provided upon request during business hours. The service should be requested at the time of the transcript [or replacement diploma] request.
For more information about notary, apostille, and true-copy authentication documents, please refer to the following websites:
- NC Department of the Secretary of State: Notary Services
- NC Department of the Secretary of State: Apostille Certificates
- NC Department of the Secretary of State: Authentication Certificates
Viewing Unofficial Transcripts
- Through SeaNet (24/7): This is the recommended method for any student who attended UNCW since 1985. If you no longer have your login information, you can retrieve it from a secure ID and PIN site. After logging into SeaNet, select the Student Services & Financial Aid tab, then choose Student Records and select View Unofficial Transcript. Next, choose what level of academic work you would like to view. You may select graduate or undergraduate, as well as All Levels. Please leave transcript type as Unofficial Advising Transcript. Lastly, press Submit and your unofficial transcript will be displayed on the next page. If you need to print your unofficial transcript, copy and paste the transcript into a word document. You may print the document from there.