Special & Permission (Non-Degree) Undergraduate Students
Orientation & Advising
Non-Degree seeking students do not need to attend orientation; however, if your admission status changes to degree-seeking, you will be required to attend the next available orientation. Additionally, you will not have an academic advisor assigned.
It is suggested you provide an unofficial copy of your current transcript to the Office of the Registrar, in the event our course requires a prerequisite course taken at your current college or university.
If you have questions regarding pre-requisites and/or the registration process at UNCW, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (910) 962-7978 or NDRegistrar@uncw.edu.
Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive financial aid. The only exception is if the student is taking classes toward admission to a UNCW graduate program, in which case the student may be eligible to receive up to one year of aid. To learn more, please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Immunization records are required of all students regardless if you are degree or non-degree seeking prior to registering for classes. For more information please visit the Student Health Services website.
- Log in to https://myseaport.uncw.edu
- Enter your UNCW Username (without the "@uncw.edu")
- Your initial password is your 8 digit birth date (mmddyyyy)
- Click the Teal Ticket tab and follow the steps for enrollment (not all steps are applicable)
- Log in to your mySeaPort account to view your registration time ticket. The dates below indicate the first opportunity you have to log in to review the date and time you are able to register for your intended courses.
- To register for summer courses: April 1
- To register for fall courses: April 1
- To register for spring courses: October 20
*If you have trouble logging in or using the tools in mySeaPort, contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC) at http://www.uncw.edu/tac or 910-962-4357.
To register for classes you will access SeaNet. Your user ID for SeaNet is the nine digit number that begins with "85" that you received with your admission notification and your pin is initially your birth date in the format mmddyyyy. You will be required to immediately change your pin to another 8 digit number. You are also required to supply a security question and answer. If you do not know your user ID, please follow the link on the user login page for assistance. Within 1-2 days after paying your enrollment deposit, you'll be able to view your registration time in SeaNet.
- Should the courses you wish to take have pre-requisite requirements, please contact the Non-Degree Liaison in the Office of the Registrar, 910-962-7978 or NDRegistrar@uncw.edu with the subject "Non-Degree Liaison" to provide the necessary information to proceed with enrollment.
- For additional information, please visit the Office of the Registrar's website, www.uncw.edu/reg and select Registration Info from the column on the left hand side of the web page and then select Non-Degree Undergraduates.
If you do not plan on attending UNCW and wish to withdraw your acceptance, please complete the online withdrawal form, http://uncw.edu/admissions/admitted.
Main Campus vs. Extension Tuition and Fees
A full-time regular-term student is an undergraduate student that is enrolled in 12 or more credit hours of on-campus courses or a graduate student enrolled in 9 or more credit hours of on-campus courses. These students will be billed according to the Campus Rates for tuition and fees for all courses (including extension courses) and not billed at the Extension/Distance Education Rates.
Students enrolled in a combination of campus and extension courses (not meeting the definition of full-time regular-term student) will be billed at campus rates for main campus courses and billed at the extension rates for distance education courses (section 800).
Note: Full-time enrollment status may be determined differently for purposes other than tuition billing; i.e. financial aid.