Pre-Professional Student Week
Monday, March 11 - Friday, March 15, 2013
Join us for a filled week focused on preparing pre-health and pre-law students for a future in health and law professions! Meet with current professionals, learn how to prepare for your application process, and find out what you need to get in the door to any graduate program of your choice. Sponsored by University College Pre-Professional Programs and Campus Partners.
Monday, March 11 | 6:00 - 7:00 pm | Morton Hall, Room 100
What Decisions Today Mean for Applications Tomorrow
- Many applications require you to submit your student conduct record. Join the Dean of Students Office as they share tips on how to report your conduct with a clear conscience.
- Missed the event? Review our Presentation on Prezi.
Tuesday, March 12 | 12:00 - 1:30 pm | DePaolo Hall, Room
Successful Seahawk Alumni in Health
- Join us for a student panel of alumni who are currently enrolled in various health education graduate programs. Lunch will be provided.
Tuesday, March 12 | 5:00 - 6:30 pm | Fisher Student Center, Room
Say What? Do's and Don'ts for Pre-Professional Interviews
- Students are invited to find out how to prepare for upcoming interviews for admissions, internships, volunteer positions, etc. Sponsored by the Career Center.
Wednesday, March 13 | 11:00 am - 1:00 pm | Fisher Union by
KAPLAN Information Table
- Stop by and pick up free tips and materials to boost your exam preparation as you prepare to ace your entrance exams.
Wednesday, March 13 | 5:00 - 6:00 pm | CIS Building, Room
Test Prep is the Best Prep
- Wondering how to begin preparing for your entrance exams? Join us as our experts from the University Learning Center share best practices for preparing for your standardized tests.
Thursday, March 14 | 10:00 - 11:00 am | DePaolo Hall, Room
Health Professions Leadership Certificate Workshop: Emotional Intelligence
- Emotionally intelligent leaders demonstrate an awareness of context, self, and others. This workshop includes an overview and discussion of the ways in which leaders can behave in emotionally intelligent ways.
Thursday, March 14 | 5:00 - 6:30 pm | Fisher Union, Room
Personal Leadership Certificate Workshop: Leadership for Social Change
- What does it mean to be a civically engaged leader? Learn about the connection between leadership and community engagement through this interactive workshop on the Social Change Model of Leadership Development.
Friday, March 15 | 11:30 am - 1:00 pm | DePaolo Hall, Room
Pre-Professional Programs Open House
- Learn about all of the resources Pre-Professional Programs has to offer!
Stop in and meet an advisor or browse information about our local professional
schools. Come share your ideas about what you would like to see from
Pre-Professional Programs in the future. Faculty and staff are welcome. Pizza