Tuition and Scholarships
On average, it costs about $1,000 less in tution and fees for full-time (12+ credit hours), in-state, on campus students to attend UNCW than NC State. For nonresidents of North Carolina, this cost difference increases to about $1,500 per semester.
Students in the NC State Engineering 2+2 Transfer Program are eligible for the same UNCW scholarships as other UNCW students. The following scholarship opportunities are available to UNCW 2+2 Engineering students:
- Ronald C. Harrell Scholarship offered by the North Carolina Society of Engineers
- Connie S. Harris Memorial Scholarship
For women in transportation:
- Helene M. Overly Memorial (pdf) scholarship
- Sharon D. Banks Memorial (pdf) scholarship
- Louise Moritz Molitoris Leadership Fund (pdf)
On occassion, professional engineering societies in the Wilmington area will offer scholarships and the Program Director will notify students of these opportunities via email as they become available.
Upon acceptance for transfer admission to NC State, 2+2 students are eligible for the NC State College of Engineering Transfer Scholarship.