Dear Faculty, Staff, Students, Alumni, and Friends of UNCW,
Our campus community has collaborated to develop a comprehensive, 5-year strategic plan to guide our growth and focus the university’s priorities for the foreseeable future. By working together, we will make certain UNCW continues to be recognized, nationally and internationally, for excellence in everything we do, for our global mindset and for our engagement with the community and the world.
Our mission is inspired by powerful teaching, in-depth applied learning, extensive research, student engagement, creative inquiry, critical thinking, thoughtful expression and responsible citizenship. Our values encompass a profound belief in excellence, diversity, integrity and innovation, and a profound determination to put students and our community first. Our priorities will be pursued in an environment that promotes the free exchange of thoughts and opinions, where human dignity is affirmed and respect for each individual is paramount.
Many details about the strategic plan – a “living document” that will continue to evolve over the years – have been shared with the campus community via spring forums and discussions, but more information will be made available in the coming weeks as we prepare to fully launch the plan with the start of a new academic year in August.
I look forward to working with the entire Seahawk community to carry out the ambitious goals included in the strategic plan, which will position UNCW to help generations of students give flight to their imaginations.
With best regards,
Jose V. Sartarelli
Current Strategic Planning Documents & Resources
- Board of Trustees Presentation, April 22, 2016
- Chancellor Sartarelli Unveils Comprehensive Strategic Plan in Conjunction with Installation
- February 2016 Open Forum Presentation (1-22) and Strategic Plan Templates (23-73)
- Workgroup Report Integration Team Membership
- Workforce Reports (December 2015)
- Presentation for Open Forum (October 2015)
- Presentation to Board of Trustees (July 2015)
- Presentation to Expanded Leadership Council (September 9, 2015)
- SWOT Analysis
- Template for Strategic Priorities, Goals
- Workgroup Membership
- Key Dates and Tentative Schedule of Meetings
- UNCW Mission Statements Since 2009
- UNCW Office of Institutional Research & Assessment/OIRA
- UNC Our Time, Our Future: The UNC Compact with North Carolina and Related Documents
- UNC Data Dashboard