Enterprise Car Rental
As of November 1st Enterprise joined UNCW's Travel Office to provide car rentals for UNCW employee travel. For complete procedures please visit the Travel Office Website under Employee Rental Car.
UNCW Motor Fleet 10 Passenger Van and 14 Passenger Bus Rental
The UNCW Motor Fleet office is located within the Parking & Transportation Office in the Warwick Center. Find us on the campus map.
|Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org (with copy to email@example.com)|
|Campus Address:||Motor Fleet - Box 5914|
Motor Fleet Office Hours
|Monday - Friday||
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Monday -Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.|
10 passenger vans and 14 passenger buses may be rented by any UNCW employee (including student employees at a minimum age of 21 with at least 5 years of driving experience and temporary employees). for use while on official university business. The 10 passenger vans can be used for short local one day field trips, and the 14 passenger buses can be used for special tours or other needs.
- Reservations must be made a minimum of 48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) in advance of departure time.
- Reservations must be submitted via the E-Travel system. When submitting your reservation, you will need to indicate the specific official business purpose of the trip (example: attend motor fleet training session; attend Blackboard Southeastern Users Group Conference, etc.)
- Modifications to existing
reservations (such as cancellation of reservation,
change in type of vehicle, change in pickup or return time, change
in travel days, change in drivers, etc.) will need to be made via email and not
by telephone a minimum of 48
hours (excluding weekends and holidays) in advance of departure time.
Requirements for Student Employee and Temporary Employee Drivers
Student employees and temporary employees may drive state vehicles provided the following criteria are met:
- Be on the UNCW payroll and identified as a state employee receiving wages and salary during the course of university business.
- Have a valid NC driver's license approved by the University Police Department at the time of the rental. All drivers regardless of whether they are categorized as primary or occasional drivers shall possess a valid North Carolina driver's license. Employees requesting rental of a motor fleet vehicle shall provide the UNCW motor fleet representative with a copy of their current driver's license.
- Prior to picking up a 10 passenger van or 14 passenger bus, must complete the van safety training offered by the University Police Department.
- Be at least 21 years old with at least 5 years of driving experience.
- Be employed by your department with a current/active work assignment at the time the vehicle is rented.
- Have an active UNCW email account.
- Student employees and temporary employees can use state vehicles only for the purpose of university business.
- Departments need to complete the UNCW Vehicle Safety Checklist for each driver.
- Drivers need to review state regulations and UNCW polices posted on this website.
|10 Passenger Vans||$.74 per mile
(actual miles or 60 miles per day, whichever is greater)
|14 Passenger Buses||$.80 per mile
(actual miles or 60 miles per day, whichever is greater)
|Monthly rental rates for each vehicle type:
Actual miles driven or a minimum of 1,050 miles per month, whichever is greater
|"No show" or cancellations with less
than 48-hour notice:
Daily rate for vehicle type, or 60 miles per day, whichever is greater)
- Vehicles are checked out from the Parking & Transportation Office located in the Warwick Center from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Drivers leaving prior to 8 a.m. can pick up their motor fleet vehicle keys the previous day.
- Drivers returning after 4:30 p.m. can drop the keys in the “key-drop box” located next to the Motor Fleet entrance along Riegel Road.
- Only the employee identified as the driver on the vehicle request and vehicle packet may pick up the vehicle. The driver must present a photo ID to the Parking & Transportation Office when checking out the vehicle.
- 10 passenger vans are parked in the small lot between the Warwick Center and Riegel Road. 14 passenger buses are parked in a portion of Lot N behind Burney Center.
- Faculty and staff checking out vehicles will be able to park in Lot A, which is conveniently located near Warwick. Lot A is a gated parking lot, so you will need your UNCW One Card to access. Parking for student employees is available in Visitor Lot M when utilizing motor fleet vehicles. Except for student employees utilizing motor fleet vehicles, Lot M is NOT available for student parking and is reserved for visitors.
- Vehicles may not be available until 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Vehicles may not be issued during adverse weather. Previous reservations for vehicles may be cancelled or delayed.
Gasoline Cards for Vehicles
- Gas cards for 10 passenger vans and 14 passenger buses are located in the packet.
- Please note: Gas cards for all motor fleet vehicles will be deactivated between midnight and 5 a.m. until further notice per State Motor Fleet Management regulations.
- Van safety training is required to drive any motorized vehicle designed with the capacity to carry 9 or more persons.
- Please also read the handout on driving tips for 14 passenger buses.
- If you have questions or wish to schedule training, see the contact information listed below.
14 PASSENGER BUS SAFETY TRAINING
|E-LEARNING - (individual training)|
Upon completion of E-Learning training, please print the Certificate of Completion and provide a copy to the Motor Fleet Office a minimum of 2 days prior to the trip.
|CLASSROOM TRAINING at UNCW Police Department - (group training, such as for departments)|
|Lt. Lewis Denoia||
Click here for Mileages to frequently traveled places.
N. C. Motor Fleet Management Resources
- N. C. Motor Fleet Management - Regulations Manual
- N. C. Motor Fleet Management - Reimbursement Request (FM-32)
- N. C. Motor Fleet Management - Vehicle Accident Report (FM-16)
- Policy AUX 7.10 - Motor Fleet Vehicle Rental (revisions pending)
- Policy 05.179 - Travel, Transportation Modes and Transportation-Related Expenses
05.350 - Operation of State-Owned Vehicles Policy