- University Studies
- Transfer Credit Equivalents
- Transient Study Process
- Degree Audit Instructions
- Declare a Major/Minor
- GPA Calculator (external link)
- Having Academic Difficulties?
- CHHS FERPA Form (PDF)
- How to Register for Courses
- Financial Readiness
- Student Success Apps (PDF)
Trask Coliseum, Room 156
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5956
Phone: (910) 962-3250
Fax: (910) 962-7073
Bachelor of Arts: Recreation, Sport Leadership & Tourism Management
Graduates of this program are prepared for management positions in a diversity of recreation, sport and tourism settings and for graduate study. The curriculum is based not only on classroom experience but with significant experiential education. Graduates find career opportunities in settings such as hotels, resorts, theme parks, convention and visitor centers, private recreation clubs, non-profit organizations, municipal parks and recreation departments, cruise ships, and meeting and event planning. The degree program is accredited with the Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism and Related Professions (COAPRT).
- Degree Requirements (PDF)
- Recommended Sequence of Courses-Tourism & Commerical Recreation (PDF)
- Recommended Sequence of Courses-Public and Non-Profit Recreation (PDF)
- Recommended Sequence of Courses-Recreational Sport Leadership (PDF)
- Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)
- Program Brochure (PDF)
- Requirements for Minor (PDF)
- Recreation Majors Association
- Career Opportunities (PDF)
All majors take classes in a core curriculum that includes both a practicum and a semester-long internship. Students then select at least one option area that offers specialized classes in either Public/NonProfit Recreation, Recreational Sports Leadership or Tourism and Commercial Recreation.The faculty is also actively involved in offering summer study abroad courses to enhance student understanding and skill sets in order to grow as global citizens.
- Internship Manual (PDF)
- Internship Agency Listing (PDF)
- How To Guide for Agencies & Businesses considering hosting an Intern (PDF)
UNCW offers scholarships to currently enrolled students. All prospective and accepted School of Health and Applied Human Sciences students are encouraged to fill out their FAFSA and the UNCW Scholarship Application in MySeaport to be eligible to receive awards from the university, college or school.
Other scholarship opportunities outside of UNCW (external links):