- University Studies
- Transfer Credit Equivalents
- Transient Study Process
- Degree Audit Instructions
- Declare a Major/Minor
- GPA Calculator (external link)
- Having Academic Difficulties?
- CHHS FERPA Form (PDF)
- How to Register for Courses
- Financial Readiness
Office of Student Success
schedule an appointment:
Bachelor of Science: Clinical Research
NEWS: CNN Money (external link) names Clinical Research the #4 best job in America.
The Bachelor of Science in Clinical Research offers students the opportunity to gain specialized education, training, and experience in the exciting field of clinical research. Clinical research is the process by which new therapies (medications, biological agents, and devices) are tested in clinical studies prior to approval and marketing. Clinical research also includes the study of products after approval, once they are on the market, particularly for rare or unexpected adverse events. Students in the Clinical Research Program gain a broad-based understanding of the science, regulatory, and business aspects of developing new therapies to treat illness and improve quality of life.
We are often asked, “Is this a Nursing degree?” While the Clinical Research Program sits in the School of Nursing and has similar pre-requisites, it is not a Nursing degree. The undergraduate UNCW Clinical Research degrees is awarded as Bachelor of Science in Clinical Research with no mention of Nursing. The degree is mostly online; local residence is not required. Please contact us to learn more.
Prospective Student Resources:
- What is Clinical Research? (external link)
- Program of Study (PDF)
- CLR Advising Calendar
- Application: The Fall 2014 application is now closed.
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Transfer Credit for CLR Prerequisites (PDF)
- NC Community College Transfer Equivalents (PDF)
- What can I do with a CLR degree? (external link)
- Drug Discovery and Development Process (external link)
- Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)
To learn more about the UNCW Clinical Research Program:
- Contact us! Complete our Brief Survey
- For UNCW students, Enroll in CLR 301: Basics of Clinical Research
- CLR 301 is a 3 credit online course open to all UNCW students (and required for CLR majors).
- It is offered in the fall and sometimes in the summer.
- If you are interested, please complete our brief survey (above).
Current Student Resources:
- Student Association of Clinical Research: SeaOrg, Website, Facebook
- Orientation for Online Students
- NC Coast CLR Initiative: Industry Information (external link)
- Prof. Org.: DIA (external link)
- Association of CLR Professionals (external link)
- Information about the MS Degree in Clinical Research