Summer Confirmation Packet
What to Bring/Wear | PDF
MarineQuest Code of Conduct | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
ArtSea | PDF
The MarineQuest staff is more than happy to pick-up and drop-off students at
Wilmington International Airport at no cost. An airline request form is required
(see above link for more details).
• Linens are provided - DO NOT bring sheets, pillows, and blankets.
• Laundry facilities are available at no cost - bring detergent
• No electronic equipment (other than cell phones) is allowed.
• What to Bring/Wear | PDF
ArtSea: Ages 13-17
Must have completed 7th grade and turn 13 by June 1st
Spend a week in mother nature's art studio creating masterpieces inspired by the marine environment. Practice different art techniques while exploring coastal habitats. Scientifically illustrate some of the amazing creatures you discover. Sketch and paint your favorite seascapes. Use pinhole cameras to photograph your favorite "sea-nery". Conduct a beach sweep and turn the trash you collect into recycled art treasure. Display your work in our Gallery Exhibition and let it inspire others to appreciate the marine environment, too.
Field excursions include:
- Visits to Wrightsville Beach, marsh, maritime forest, Center for Marine Science, Kure Beach, Coquina outcrop, fouling dock.
- Explore a variety of marine habitats on foot and by kayak; create environmentally inspired art for your portfolio using different mediums; participate in a gallery exhibition showing; microscopic study of phytoplankton; field observation and sketching of coastal landscapes; block printing; pinhole camera photography; darkroom development; scientific illustration of marine life; wire sculpture;
Read profiles of the summer 2011-12 artists and see their work.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Sunday / Monday - Friday|
|8 a.m. - 3:45* p.m.
Pick up on Friday, gallery showing at 1:30 p.m. Cultural Arts Building
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear Monday and Cultural Arts Building parking lot Tues-Fri|
|Summer 2014 Dates:||
July 27 - August 1
|Residential students must arrive on Sunday at 3 p.m. while commuting students join the program Monday at 8 a.m.|
|Commuter Tuition:* **||$455|
|Residential Tuition: **||$755|
*Commuter note: there will be three evenings during which students will need to be returned to campus after afternoon check-out for art studio time from 6:00-9:00pm
**Tuition includes studio fees and all supplies.
Tuition payment plan information will be made available when registration opens.
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
2014 Summer application coming soon!
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail explaining the final step in the registration process.
If you have been accepted to the MarineQuest program and would like to register by phone call the registration office at 910/962-3195.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest