VPN: Off Campus Access to Files
Getting Connected From Home - for UNCW Faculty, Staff and Students
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows for authenticated, encrypted connections to UNCW campus computing resources through the firewall. You can access and use the Web servers and any other UNCW computing services from off-campus locations as if you were on campus. We recommend that any files you wish to access from off-campus through the VPN be moved to a shared server (such as SAMMY or TIMMY), rather than connecting to a local desktop in your office.
Instructions and Downloading
* Important Note: To view these instructions, please log in with your full UNCW email address and password.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Instructions (PDF)*
- Windows 7 Ultimate, Enterprise or Professional Instructions (PDF)*
- Mac OS 10.6 Instructions (PDF)*
- Windows XP Professional Instructions (PDF)*
- IMPORTANT! You must be off-campus to download the VPN client.
- Please read instructions above before downloading..
- Download the VPN Client (available only from off-campus) for all platforms here: VPN Client
The Technology Assistance Center (TAC) provides VPN support and troubleshooting for the above operating systems. Contact the TAC if you have questions about the version of the platform you are running or if you need assistance.