The International Student Orientation will be held August 14-15. There is no additional fee charged for this orientation, and you do not need to preregister. The International Student Orientation is required. During orientation we will review visa regulations, health and safety concerns, cultural adaptation, expectations about academic life and introduce you to life in Wilmington!
- August 14, evening (time TBA), fun & games!
- Where: Location TBA
- What: Compete in fun relay races and get to know other new international students and the U.S. student volunteers. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Immediately following refreshments
- Cell phone providers - representatives from cell phone companies will be available to help you purchase a SIM card, activate your phone, or purchase a new phone to use in the U.S. Compare AT&T pre-paid plans.
- Banking representatives- A representative from a local bank branch will be available to help you open a U.S. bank account. Read more about Wells Fargo Everyday Checking.
- August 15, 8:00 am – 3:30 pm, an action packed day full of crucial survival information!
- Detailed Schedule (check back in July for details)
- UNCWelcome Activities
Complete online activities, earn stamps in your Seahawk Passport!
International exchange student orientation is too short (only 1.5 days) to discuss ALL of the great campus services UNCW has to offer. Therefore, we've provided short activities below to help you learn about UNCW campus life. For every activity you complete, you earn a stamp in your Seahawk Passport (student services passport). You'll receive your Seahawk passport pre-filled with stamps when you attend international exchange student orientation on August 14 & 15.
|Passport Stamp||Content & Activity|
Watch the video, take the quiz, earn a stamp!