If you're looking for someone in the department, here is a good place to start. The Provost heads up this flow chart, and the lecturers of office staff round it out. Click here.
Can't find the internship coordinator? Want to call the chairman? All the details are here.
English Department policies
Find here all the information you need on Administration, Evaluation, Hiring, Mentoring and Teaching. Click here.
Get into Sharepoint by logging in here.
Who's in their office and when? All the details are here.
Morton Hall 130
Ph.D., University of Washington
M.A., California State University
B.S., University of Oregon
Janet Mason Ellerby is Professor of English and the Interim Director of the Women's Resource Center and Women's Studies Minor. She is currently at work on a new book with the working title, "Embroidering the Scarlet 'A': Birthmothers in American Literature."
ENG 387: History of Literary Criticism and Theory
ENG 502: Introduction to Literary Theory
Also classes in Modernism, particularly Virginia Woolf and James Joyce
- Following the Tambourine Man: A Birthmother's Memoir. Syracuse: Syracuse UP, 2007.
- “Bearing Sorrow: A Birthmother’s Reflection on Choice.” Choice: True Stories of Birth, Contraception, Infertility, Adoption, Single Parenthood, & Abortion. Eds. Karen E. Bender and Nina de Gramont. San Francisco: MacAdam/Cage, 2007. 53-67.
- “Untangling the Trauma Knot: Autoethnography and Annie Ernaux’s Shame.” Mosaic 38.3 (2005): 59-75.
- “Emotion and Intimacy in the Classroom.” Tikkun 19.3 (2004): 62-64.
- Intimate Reading: The Contemporary Women's Memoir. Syracuse: Syracuse UP, 2001.