Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is the official communication studies honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). Lambda Pi Eta represents what Aristotle described in his book, Rhetoric, as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as character credibility and ethics. The goals of Lambda Pi Eta are to:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication studies majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field
- Establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students; and explore options for graduate study
If you are a member of LPH, follow the link below to access our SharePoint site where events and service hour opportunities are posted. If you are a member and cannot access the site please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your attempt.