- Stay tuned for the 2014 event schedule coming soon!
CIE in the News
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
UNCW and the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship was recently featured on UNC-TV as part of the tour of the 17 member institutions in the UNC system. Watch this video detailing just a few of the many innovative programs at UNCW to see why we have become one of the top ten public institutions in the South according to U.S. News and World Report.
Through events, opportunities, research, education and building relationships, the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is building a large community of entrepreneurs.
The center's accomplishments include:
- Provided forums through the Rocket Pitch series resulting in customer contracts exceeding $100,000 and debt and equity financing topping $4 million.
- Helped startup companies secure $5.2 million in equity financing through its signature Rocket Pitch events and meetings facilitated by the center
- Created numerous mentor relationships
- Recruited 3 businesses and helped launch 12 new startup companies in the region, three owned by UNCW graduates
- Indirectly supported the creation of jobs and student internships for area startup companies
- Educated area small business owners through entrepreneur speakers and classes, individual advice sessions, and training seminars
- Spring 2009 - Inception as "Entrepreneurship Initiative"
- Spring 2010 - Formalized into "Entrepreneruship Center"
- October 2011 - Identified as one of the Top 20 Emerging Entrepreneurship Centers in the nation by the Financial Services Forum
- February 2012 - Reorganized into a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- February 2013 - Hosted Regional Entrepreneurship Summit and contracted with Startupoint
- April 2013 - Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Supports Economic Growth in Region with Establishment of Private Venture Capital Fund (more)
- Jim Roberts Named Director of CIE (more)
- September 2011 Newsletter
- August 2011 Newsletter
- June 2011 Newsletter
- April 2011 Newsletter
- March 2011 Newsletter
- February 2011 Newsletter
- November 2010 Newsletter
- October 2010 Newsletter
- September 2010 Newsletter
- August 2010 Newsletter
- June 2010 Newsletter
- May 2010 Newsletter
- April 2010 Newsletter
- March 2010 Newsletter