CIE in the News
- UNCW entrepreneurship center creates 'paying advisory board' - WECT 09.16.2015
- Lapetus Secures Funding, Plans Pilot Tests - GWBJ, 06.08.15
- UNCW's CIE celebrates growth, looks ahead to future leadership - Port City Daily, 05.26.15
- The new face of aging: UNCW professor turns life expectancy research into business - Port City Daily, 05.18.15
- Putting Buzzwords To Work - GWBJ, 05.18.15
- UNCW student has dream of green gym - Star News, 05.11.15
- Flippze Focuses On Student Users - GWBJ, 05.08.15
- UNCW Officials Look at CIE's Future - GWBJ, 03.27.15
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
CIE and Community Events
October 13, 8 AM - 9:30 AM - Swain Center's Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast
October 14, 3 PM - 6:30 PM - How to Finance Your Business
October 15, 11 AM - 1 PM - Lunch and Learn - "Don't Trip Out of the Starting Block"
October 15, 5 PM - What Makes a Website Great? (CIE)
October 21, 1 PM - 4PM - UNCW Career Center's 2nd Annual Career Carnival
October 22, 5 PM - Pivot Launch Coaching - LinkedIn Fundamentals
Cucalorus 10x10 Project
November 10, 2015
The 21st annual Cucalorus Film Festival brings back Norwood Cheek's 10x10 filmmaking challenge that pairs ten filmmakers with ten entrepreneurs to produce a short video in less than a week. This hands-on program is made possible through an ongoing partnership between Cucalorus, Castle Branch Corp.’s tekMountain incubator and the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. The 10x10 program introduces creatives in the film industry to innovators in the world of emerging business and serves as a showcase for the growing community of entrepreneurs working in the Cape Fear region.
The UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) works to identify and nurture high-growth, high-impact companies and to accelerate the entrepreneurial ecosystem in southeastern North Carolina.
Our center is a nurturing environment for innovators as well
as the entrepreneurs who will start the businesses to bring those
innovations to the marketplace. With a combination of event space for
training, co-working space for “napkin-stage” startups, low cost office
space, experienced mentors and a future venture capital fund, we have
created a great environment for startups in a great place – Wilmington,
NC. Our unique events centered around increasing sales, preparing
successful SBIR grant proposals and developing better investor
presentations will help entrepreneurs make better fundamental decisions
at an early stage, setting them on the path to success within the local
Our center serves both the students and faculty of UNC Wilmington as well as the startups interested in being a part of our community. Our events are currently free and always lead to lively discussions about the new talent discovered in our backyard. We often invite out-of-town professionals from the entrepreneurship and business development worlds to speak about a variety of topics relevant to today’s economic challenges and opportunities for growing a business.
Please visit this site often for news about upcoming events and opportunities to see and hear from the companies you will read about tomorrow and for years to come.