More Upcoming Events
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference
CIE in the News
- How old do you really look? FaceMyAge has an app for that - WRAL TechWire, 08.29.14
- Reinventing eye surgery - Lumina News, 08.20.14
- Business of Beer: Challenging, Costly and Friendly - Exit Event, 08.13.14
- Experts: Beer Making A Demanding But Rewarding Pursuit - GWBJ, 08.12.14
- Area craft brewers discuss the business of beer - Port City Daily, 08.12.14
- N.C. brewmeisters discuss burgeoning craft - Star News, 08.11.14
- Conference To Showcase 2 Local Startups - GWBJ, 08.08.14
- CED Announces 18 ‘Showcase Companies’ To Be Featured on Main Stage at Tech Venture Conference As Key Examples of ‘Rise of the Rest’ Phenomenon - 08.07.14
- Wilmington's First Maker Space On The Way - GWBJ, 08.06.14
- Wilmington startups looking for a few good ‘angels’ - Port City Daily, 07.24.14
- Startup Experience Lands HUGO Co-founder In Larger Startup Pond, GWBJ, 07.24.14
- Oracle CIO Talks Tech - GWBJ, 07.18.14
- Wilmington company aims to improve elections - Port City Daily, 06.25.14
- Panel Shares Tips for Securing Early-stage Investment - GWBJ, 06.20.14
- Coworking Hives Create Growing Buzz - GWBJ, 06.06.14
- What's next for Next Glass? Beer & wine app a 'best investment' - Port City Daily, 05.22.14
- Next Glass Wins At Startup Showcase - GWBJ, 05.16.14
- SBA Solicits Applications For Business Accelerator Competition - GWBJ, 05.14.14
- Talking pain points: What keeps employers up at night - WRALTechWire, 04.25.14
- UNCW event aims to link entrepreneurs with major corporations - Star News, 04.24.14
- Companies Discuss Challenges; Ask For Solutions - GWBJ, 04.24.14
Keynote: Hugh Forrest of South by Southwest Interactive Festival
THIS JUST IN!
CED Announces 18 ‘Showcase Companies’
To Be Featured on Main Stage at Tech Venture Conference
As Key Examples of ‘Rise of the Rest’ Phenomenon
UNCW and the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship was recently featured on UNC-TV as part of the tour of the 17 member institutions in the UNC system. Watch this video detailing just a few of the many innovative programs at UNCW to see why we have become one of the top ten public institutions in the South according to U.S. News and World Report.
The UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) works to identify and nurture high-growth, high-impact companies and to accelerate the entrepreneurial ecosystem in southeastern North Carolina.
Our center is a nurturing environment for innovators as well
as the entrepreneurs who will start the businesses to bring those
innovations to the marketplace. With a combination of event space for
training, co-working space for “napkin-stage” startups, low cost office
space, experienced mentors and a future venture capital fund, we have
created a great environment for startups in a great place – Wilmington,
NC. Our unique events centered around increasing sales, preparing
successful SBIR grant proposals and developing better investor
presentations will help entrepreneurs make better fundamental decisions
at an early stage, setting them on the path to success within the local
Our center serves both the students and faculty of UNC Wilmington as well as the startups interested in being a part of our community. Our events are currently free and always lead to lively discussions about the new talent discovered in our backyard. We often invite out-of-town professionals from the entrepreneurship and business development worlds to speak about a variety of topics relevant to today’s economic challenges and opportunities for growing a business.
Please visit this site often for news about upcoming events and opportunities to see and hear from the companies you will read about tomorrow and for years to come.
In 2014, the CIE will have an additional focus on Innovation to help spur Entrepreneurship.