More Upcoming Events
- October 16, 2014, 4 p.m. - How to Overcome the Never Ending Maybe in the Sales Process (RSVP to email@example.com)
- October 23, 2014, 4 p.m. at Lumina Theater - Entrepreneurship Week Keynote Presentation with Tom Lotrecchiano and Joe Schmidt of Entremanureship - What business schools don't teach you about entrepreneurship (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org)
CIE in the News
- Wilmington startups represented at technology awards in Raleigh - Star News, 10.11.14
- 6 To Grow On: Leaders Tackling Garner Recommendations - GWBJ, 10.10.14
- Silicon Valley Tools for Wilmington's Beach Startups - ExitEvent, 10.09.14
- Startup Aims To Tidy Up Cleaning Services - GWBJ, 10.01.14
- Bob Creeden - Help attract technology to coast - Star News, 10.01.14
- NC IDEA picks 19 startups for next step in grant process - WRAL Tech Wire, 09.30.14
- Tech Venture Conference Proves Helpful For Local Companies - GWBJ, 09.22.14
- UNCW Entrepreneur Center Uses $50,000 Grant to Support Coastal Start-Ups - Time Warner Cable News, 09.15.14
- Center for Innovation wins accelerator grant - Lumina News, 09.10.14
- SXSW's Forrest revs coastal entrepreneurs - Lumina News, 09.10.14
- 11 Bullish Beachside Businesses - Exit Event, 09.08.14
- UNCW's CIE celebrates one-year anniversary, $50,000 grant award - Port City Daily, 09.08.14
- Tech Startups Take Stage at Wilmington Entrepreneurship Conference - Xconomy, 09.05.14
- UNCW CIE Opens CORAL, An Open Device Lab for Mobile App Testing - WHQR, 09.05.14
- CIE Among Winners Of National SBA Award - GWBJ, 09.05.14
- UNCW innovation center wins grant - Star News, 09.05.14
- Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference kicks off - Star News, 09.04.14
- UNCW Brings Innovators and Investors Together - Time Warner Cable, 09.04.14
- SXSW Interactive Director Shares Tips With Local Entrepreneurs - GWBJ, 09.04.14
- UNCW entrepreneur incubator celebrates anniversary - Star News, 08.29.14
- How old do you really look? FaceMyAge has an app for that - WRAL TechWire, 08.29.14
- Next Glass to expand from business incubator space to downtown headquarters - Port City Daily, 08.28.14
- Next Glass To Open HQ Downtown - GWBJ, 08.27.14
- UNCW Professor Pioneers Face Aging Technology - WHQR, 08.25.14
- Opinion-Entrepreneurship: Impacting A Vital Wilmington - GWBJ, George Taylor, 08.22.14
- Reinventing eye surgery - Lumina News, 08.20.14
- Business of Beer: Challenging, Costly and Friendly - Exit Event, 08.13.14
- Experts: Beer Making A Demanding But Rewarding Pursuit - GWBJ, 08.12.14
- Area craft brewers discuss the business of beer - Port City Daily, 08.12.14
- N.C. brewmeisters discuss burgeoning craft - Star News, 08.11.14
- Conference To Showcase 2 Local Startups - GWBJ, 08.08.14
- CED Announces 18 ‘Showcase Companies’ To Be Featured on Main Stage at Tech Venture Conference As Key Examples of ‘Rise of the Rest’ Phenomenon - 08.07.14
- Wilmington's First Maker Space On The Way - GWBJ, 08.06.14
Next Event: October 16, 4pm, CIE
Overcome the “Never-Ending Maybe” in the Sales Process
The original way to grow your company and make more money is to sell more products. A huge challenge in sales in a conservative market is overcoming the "never-ending maybe," or how prospects delay decision-making until you stop asking. Learn better qualifying skills to improve sales results with prospects and even potential investors from the expers at Accelerence. To RSVP, email email@example.com.
This Just In!
UNCW and the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship was recently featured on UNC-TV as part of the tour of the 17 member institutions in the UNC system. Watch this video detailing just a few of the many innovative programs at UNCW to see why we have become one of the top ten public institutions in the South according to U.S. News and World Report.
The UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) works to identify and nurture high-growth, high-impact companies and to accelerate the entrepreneurial ecosystem in southeastern North Carolina.
Our center is a nurturing environment for innovators as well
as the entrepreneurs who will start the businesses to bring those
innovations to the marketplace. With a combination of event space for
training, co-working space for “napkin-stage” startups, low cost office
space, experienced mentors and a future venture capital fund, we have
created a great environment for startups in a great place – Wilmington,
NC. Our unique events centered around increasing sales, preparing
successful SBIR grant proposals and developing better investor
presentations will help entrepreneurs make better fundamental decisions
at an early stage, setting them on the path to success within the local
Our center serves both the students and faculty of UNC Wilmington as well as the startups interested in being a part of our community. Our events are currently free and always lead to lively discussions about the new talent discovered in our backyard. We often invite out-of-town professionals from the entrepreneurship and business development worlds to speak about a variety of topics relevant to today’s economic challenges and opportunities for growing a business.
Please visit this site often for news about upcoming events and opportunities to see and hear from the companies you will read about tomorrow and for years to come.
In 2014, the CIE will have an additional focus on Innovation to help spur Entrepreneurship.