- March 25, 2014, 4 p.m. - Innovation and Entrepreneurship with the Military - Speakers will include: Dr. Brad Guay, Army Small Business Technology Transfer, program manager; T.A. "Mickey" Finn, North Carolina Military Business Center, strategic programs consultant; John Pannacione, Logic Bay CEO and VET to CEO organizer (CIE tenant)
April 24, 2014 - Big Employers Event - Five of the largest employers will share their five largest problems in their industry to open the minds of entrepreneurs to createsolutions for those problems Event Location: Terraces on Sir Tyler
- May 13, 2014 - Internship Summit - Learn how to secure UNCW students as interns for your company and how to become a part of the Certified Internship Program
May 22, 2014 - Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards - Event Location: UNCW Burney Center
June, 2014 - Potential Rocket Pitch
- June 19, 2014 - Three Level of Investors - Early Angels, Angel Groups and Venture Capitalists
- July 17, 2014 - Tom Fisher, Senior VP & CIO of Cloud at Oracle Corp. - Fisher has been at the C-Level for tech giants such as Qualcomm, eBay, and Gateway Computers.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Anniversary Event of CIE Grand Opening
CIE in the News
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
- Wilmington firm makes new blood circulation device - Wilmington Star-News, 12.28.13
- Wilmington start-up uses science to judge wine - Wilmington Star-News, 12.21.13
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
UNCW and the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship was recently featured on UNC-TV as part of the tour of the 17 member institutions in the UNC system. Watch this video detailing just a few of the many innovative programs at UNCW to see why we have become one of the top ten public institutions in the South according to U.S. News and World Report.
The UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) works to identify and nurture high-growth, high-impact companies and to accelerate the entrepreneurial ecosystem in southeastern North Carolina.
Our center is a nurturing environment for innovators as well as the entrepreneurs who will start the businesses to bring those innovations to the marketplace. With a combination of event space for training, co-working space for “napkin-stage” startups, low cost office space, experienced mentors and a future venture capital fund, we have created a great environment for startups in a great place – Wilmington, NC. Our unique events centered around increasing sales, preparing successful SBIR grant proposals and developing better investor presentations will help entrepreneurs make better fundamental decisions at an early stage, setting them on the path to success within the local economy.
Our center serves both the students and faculty of UNC Wilmington as well as the startups interested in being a part of our community. Our events are currently free and always lead to lively discussions about the new talent discovered in our backyard. We often invite out-of-town professionals from the entrepreneurship and business development worlds to speak about a variety of topics relevant to today’s economic challenges and opportunities for growing a business.
Please visit this site often for news about upcoming events and opportunities to see and hear from the companies you will read about tomorrow and for years to come.
In 2014, the CIE will have an additional focus on Innovation to help spur Entrepreneurship.