- Important Curriculum Changes
- Seminars, Spring 2014
- Youth Chemistry and Forensics Camps Summer 2014 - Pics
- Department Newsletter, Fall 2012
- Mike Messina Receives 2012 Board of Governors Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Renewal of NIH area grant funds collaboration between two chemistry reseachers
- DeLoach Distinguished Professor invited to contribute to special edition of Chemical Society Reviews
- Ralph Mead Receives James F. Merritt Award
- Former UNCW PostDoc is lead author on "most frequently cited" publication
- Researchers receive over $800,000 in funding from the National Science Foundation in Fall, 2011
- Chem Ed Researchers receives second grant from the National Science Foundation in Fall, 2011
- Major Accomplishments 2010-2011
Find out what our
graduates are doing . .
Lacie Smith .find out more
Neil Williams find out more
About the Department
Over its 50+ years of existence, the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of North Carolina Wilmington has established a tradition of excellence in undergraduate and masters level graduate education. Our top notch faculty combine award winning classroom instruction with cutting-edge, student-centered research to provide an ideal environment for training tomorrow's scientists, physicians and teachers. In addition to our traditional Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science (ACS Certified) and Masters of Science degrees, we offer creative alternatives to the traditional model of graduate education.
On-line Masters Degree
UNCW MS Chemistry Update
A new option entitled "Chemical Studies Option" has been approved. This is particularly suitable for those with an interest in education, business, or clinical sciences.
As an employee at a participating company, earn a
Master of Science Degree on-line.
- All courses are available over the Internet.
- Research is carried out at the company, under the
joint supervision of company scientists and UNCW faculty.
- Read a student's comments about the program in Nature.
- Sample of on-line course.
- Graduate School and online application
- Learn more.
To get a more complete picture of the breadth and depth of our program, take a look at our research areas or peruse individual faculty pages. For more information about becoming a chemistry major, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships for Chemistry Majors
The department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, through the generosity of our donors, is pleased to offer scholarships to a select group of our majors. Applications open in February and can be accessed through SeaNet.
Help with Courses and Careers
Chemistry Career Network
A service that puts students in touch with potential employers in the area.