910.962.3500 / 800.732.3643
Join Mailing List
Stay up to date on all of our performances, promotions and special events. Join now!
UNCW Office of Cultural Arts
601 S. College Rd.
Wilmington, NC 28403-5966
ARTworks Educational Outreach
UNCW's Office of Cultural Arts serves thousands of K-12 students each year through the ARTworks initiative. ARTworks utilizes valuable campus and community partnerships with Watson College of Education and New Hanover County Schools to provide teachers and students free live performances, professional development
workshops and in-school artist residencies.
In 2010, the Office of Cultural Arts and New Hanover County Schools were accepted to the prestigious Partners in Education program of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (read more). Selected because of a demonstrated commitment to the improvement of education in and through the arts, the Partnership Team participates in collaborative efforts to provide professional development opportunities for educators.
In addition to the Kennedy Center, the Office of Cultural Arts has forged meaningful and strategic relationships with Jazz at Lincoln Center, the North Carolina Arts Council and the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Over the past five years, these relationships has provided outreach and performance opportunities for more than 25,000 students and teachers in Southeast North Carolina.
- Balancing Act (UNCW Connections Magazine)
- A Creative Conversation (UNCW College of Arts & Sciences Magazine
- Drummer Gives School Children an Education in Jazz (StarNews, 02/12)
- Dance Troupe Works with Bradley Creek Students (StarNews, 09/10)
- Contra-Tiempo Dance Company Begins 10 Day Residency (StarNews, 09/10)
- N.C. Program Wants to Open Children's Eyes to the Arts (StarNews, 03/08)