Anthropology Department Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
Students taking this major (or minor) will be able to fulfill the following learning outcomes by the end of their course of study. All of these learning outcomes articulate with UNCW learning goals, and are crucial to understanding the study of human origins, behavior and diversity.
- SLO1: Students will demonstrate understanding of the origins of cultural and biological diversity.
- SLO2: Students will demonstrate knowledge of the history of anthropology and contemporary issues in the discipline.
- SLO 3a: Students will demonstrate knowledge of approaches to understanding the socicultural aspects of the human experience
- SLO3b: Students will demonstrate knowledge of methods, objectives, and issues in archaeology
- SL03c: Students will demonstrate knowledge of the biological diversity of the human species
- SLO 4 Students will able to demonstrate effective and clear communication, both written and oral.