REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
dARE TO SOAR
Only admitted high school seniors will receive an invitation; this invite is sent directly to your SeaLevel account. Registration is required and must be completed using your SeaLevel account. We cannot take reservations over the phone.
TO REGISTER USING SEALEVEL
- Log into your SeaLevel account using the account information you used when checking the status of your application.
- Note the invitation that appears towards the top of the
page within your personal web portal. Click on "Click here to view
invitations or change RSVP status." (Click here for an example).
- Under the event heading "Dare to Soar", click on "RSVP".
- Select the program's date and location (Click here for an example).
- Complete the brief registration form and click "Accept Invitation".
- If you need to make any changes to your registration status or cancel your registration, please log into your SeaLevel account and follow the same process you used to register.
DARE TO SOAR - April 5, 2014
Registration is currently closed. More information will be available in January 2014.
Your formal invitation will arrive in your SeaLevel account and the email account that you provided us on your application. Please make sure that you have UNCW as an approved sender in your contact list and that our emails are not going to your spam.
ACCEPTED FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS are invited to attend the UNC Wilmington’s spring visit day, Dare to Soar.
Discover the academic and experiential
opportunities that await you as a member of the Seahawk community. Since
visiting the campus is the best way for students to get a true feel of
the university and its programs, we hope you will join us!
Refer to the column on the right to find out how to get your invitation and register.
Schedule & Sessions
Check-in takes place in Trask Coliseum beginning at 8:30 a.m. with a welcome session beginning promptly at 9:30 a.m. You will receive your formal schedule of events at this time (we are unable to provide schedules to you prior to the event).
After the welcome session, the day is divided into sessions that allow you to learn more about different aspects of academic and campus life at UNCW. Sessions include:
- a sample, “Master Class” taught by a UNCW professor (for students only)
- panelists from several campus life departments discussing life on campus and expectations of your student(s) (for parents only)
- an academic and student services fair with representatives from every academic department and many student services
- current UNCW students discussing student life and involvement (for students only)
- campus experts discussing the "TEAL Experience" beyond the classroom at UNCW – including internships, study abroad, mentored research, etc. (for parents only)
The formal program concludes around 12:30 p.m., at which time you are encouraged to participate in multiple optional sessions. Tours will be offered after the formal program, and will last one hour.
Select residence halls will open following the formal program from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. for tours of model rooms. Resident Assistants, or RAs, will meet our guests in the lobbies of these residence halls for guided tours.
Tips & What to Expect at Dare to Soar
Before you arrive, be sure you have prepared to spend your morning and afternoon on-campus. Here are some pointers which will help you enjoy your stay:
- Dress Comfortably -- classrooms may be warmer or cooler than the temperature outside, be prepared for a rain shower, and wear comfortable shoes (you will be walking throughout the campus).
- Eat Breakfast -- light refreshments and beverages will be available during the day, however, lunch will not be provided due to the strict schedule of events we must adhere to. Several dining locations on-campus will be open. Many local restaurants will also be offering 10% discounts with your schedule on Saturday and Sunday.
- Carpool -- we are expecting a large crowd, you are encouraged to carpool, if possible.
- Come Prepared -- pay close attention to the confirmation e-mail you receive! Bring your id number, e-mail address and other information with you. Plan to bring spending money, a checkbook (or MasterCard) to pay for enrollment, housing, and orientation fees and deposits.
- Suggested Hotels -- Please click on the link below for a list of local area hotels offering special discount rates to Dare to Soar guests.
If you have additional questions about Dare to Soar, please call the Admissions office at (910) 962-3243 or email us at email@example.com (Subject: Dare to Soar).