image 475x230

Military Admission - Residency

If you are active-duty or military dependent and you do not qualify as a resident for tuition purposes, you may still be eligible for the Military Tuition Benefit.

Under this special North Carolina statute, members of the armed services stationed in North Carolina on active duty and their dependents may be eligible to pay a reduced tuition rate which is equivalent to the in-state tuition rate. You must file a special application (Military Residency Form) for the benefit that includes an affidavit on official letterhead confirming active military status and duty station and military dependent status if applicable (Confirmation of Command Residency Letter - Active-Duty Sample | Dependent of Active-Duty Sample).

More information regarding NC Residency for Tuition Purposes.

Questions regarding residency and the required forms and affidavits may be directed to Amanda Parkstone, Transfer Coordinator at 910.962.2550.

UNC Wilmington | 601 S. College Road, Wilmington NC 28403 | 910.962.3000 | About this Site | Copyright Notice | Feedback | Page maintained by:  Admissions