- Requirements for Freshmen
- Requirements for Transfers
- English Proficiency
- Visas & Documentation
- Financial Considerations
- Deadlines & Applying
- Contact Information
- Conditional Admission
- Next Steps for Admitted International Students
International Admission -
English proficiency is required of international applicants and is proven by one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); minimum score of 71 on the Internet-based exam, 197 on the computer-based exam, or 525 on the paper-based exam. *Scores older than two (2) years will not be accepted.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS); minimum score of 6.0 on the academic module. Scores older than two (2) years will not be accepted.
- SAT-I Critical Reading sub-section score of 450 or higher. *Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. UNCW's school code is 5907.
- ACT Reading sub-section score of 20 or higher. *Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. UNCW's school code is 5907.
- Successful completion of UNCW’s ESL program, by achievement of a score of 71 or higher on the TOEFL IBT. The test is administered at the end of the ESL program semester.
- Completion of two college-level courses of English composition at a U.S. college or university with a grade of B or higher
For those needing to strengthen proficiency, UNCW offers an English as a Second Language (ESL) program.