- Requirements for Freshmen
- Requirements for Transfers
- English Proficiency
- Visas & Documentation
- Financial Considerations
- Deadlines & Applying
- Contact Information
- Conditional Admission
International Admission -
Deadlines & Applying
UNCW offers three deadlines for applications. Applications are not reviewed or evaluated until they become complete (the application and all credentials have been received). Applicants will receive a decision approximately four to six weeks from the time their application becomes complete and ready for review.
We strongly recommend you apply four to six months before the term you plan to enter the university. Applying after the stated deadlines increases the risk that there will not be enough time needed to process all the required paperwork.
- Fall - April 1*
- Spring - October 1 Note: Space is extremely limited.
- Summer - February 1
*Note: For students interested in on-campus housing please apply earlier, as housing deposits are due by May 1st.
How to Apply
When possible, we strongly encourage the use of an online application (more than 95% of our applicants applied using an online application last year).
There are several items you must submit in order for your application to UNCW to be considered. These include:
- International Application for Admission
- Non-Refundable $60 Application Fee
- Academic Records (official transcripts, translated into English, for coursework completed outside of US)
- Recommendation letter from a teacher or school official (freshman only)
- Proof of English Proficiency
- International Student Data Form (you will receive this from the Office of International Programs if you need visa sponsorship)
- A financial document verifying availability of funds (i.e., bank letter)
- Letter of support (from sponsor, if student is not providing funds)
If you want UNCW to sponsor you on an F-1 visa or you currently hold an F-1 visa sponsored by another institution, you are required to submit all documents listed above.
If you do NOT need UNCW to sponsor you on an F-1 visa (for example, you hold a visa such as H4, E2, L2, etc.), you are not required to submit financial documentation.