Students on Computers

University Studies Forms for Advisors

Using Transfer Credit - Subwaiver Form

Use the Request for Waiver/Substitution of Degree Requirements Form to request that a transfer course count for the following University Studies requirements:

  • Composition
  • Lifetime Wellness
  • Foreign Language
  • Mathematics and Statistics
  • Aesthetic, Interpretive, and Literary
  • Historical and Philosophical Perspectives
  • Understanding Human Institutions and Behaviors
  • Scientific Approaches to the Natural World
  • Living in our Diverse Nation
  • Living in a Global Society

Once the above form is filled out and signed by the advisor, this form should be sent to the appropriate Department Chair who will then forward it to the appropriate Dean's Office.

Using Transfer Credit for Competencies - Petition Form

Use the Petition for Crediting of a Course for a University Studies Competency Requirement only when requesting that a transfer course count for one of the following University Studies competencies:

  • Writing Intensive
  • Information Literacy
  • Quantitative and Logical Reasoning (for catalogue years 2016-2017 and prior)
  • Critical Reasoning (for catalogue years 2017-2018 and later)

Be aware that the student will need to provide evidence, preferably in the form of a syllabus, that his or her coursework meets these competencies. Consult the Competency Checklist to determine whether the transfer course meets these components' Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs).

Once filled out and signed by the advisor, the petition should be sent to the Department Chair of the student's major who will then forward it to the Associate Vice Chancellor and Director of University Studies for approval.