Office of the Registrar


En Español

Visiting Students

Students from other colleges or universities, who intend to return to their home institution, may attend UNC Wilmington as permission (visiting) students in the fall or spring semesters. A student may only attend as a permission student for two consecutive semesters (not including summer sessions).

Upon acceptance, you may register for classes by accessing mySeaport.

Visiting Students for Summer

Summer visiting students (those currently enrolled at another college or university) are allowed to attend classes at UNCW for Summer School only. Within 1-2 days after acceptance, you'll be able to view your registration time in mySeaport.

Orientation & Advising

Visiting students do not need to attend orientation; however, if your admission status changes to degree-seeking, you will be required to attend the next available orientation. Additionally, you will not have an academic advisor assigned. The advisor at your current college or university will remain as your primary advisor. It is suggested that you provide an unofficial copy of your current transcript to the Office of the Registrar, in the event our course requires a prerequisite course taken at your current college or university.

If you have questions regarding pre-requisites and/or the registration process at UNCW, please contact the Office of the Registrar at
(910) 962-3125 or

Undergraduate Studies for Teachers

Following application and acceptance to the university, teachers who wish to upgrade a certificate or renew a Class "A" or Class "M" North Carolina Teaching Certificate may enroll in undergraduate courses. Prior approval from the division of Staff Development, North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (external link) is required for certificate renewal.

Contact the UNC Wilmington Office of Admissions at (910) 962-3243
or for additional information.